cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

kinooutlaw
Adept I

AMD Software 19.8.1 Freezes

AMD Software 19.8.1 Freezes usually when I make 1 or 2 changes it freezes and I have to open taskbar and Close it and restart the program.  Its much more Frequent if I use wattman pretty much anything clicked in wattman freezes it.  But the rest of my pc doesn't freeze just the amd program.

When Issue started I just installed a 5700xt and did a clean driver install 4 times using ddu from safe mode a few times problem hasn't changed.  Graphics card seems to be performing as advertised so I'm not sure its a driver problem and software seems to work just depends if I change an option in performance or wattman.  Not really sure whats going on unless ddu didn't clean the nvidia drivers off but after 4 attempts and even doing the safe mode clean install I figured they were gone or could it be a bios problem i'm using a MSI z390 Gaming M5 motherboard.  Any advice to point me in the right direction would be appreciated.

0 Likes
1 Solution
kinooutlaw
Adept I

Fixed! Have had no problems after a clean windows install.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
sur6e
Elite

This has been happening to me for many versions now. It seems to happen when the tooltips pop up after using it for a short time. Did you notice that too?

[ 5800X3D | Aorus 6950XT | MSI B550 | H115i Pro | G.SKILL 32GB 3600Mhz | 850W Gold | Samsung Odyssey G7 240Hz | HP Reverb G2 (v2) ]
0 Likes
kinooutlaw
Adept I

Fixed! Have had no problems after a clean windows install.