cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

qDaca
Adept I

AMD Soft Problems

Hello . I need help with the video card and its drivers.
PC : 
Rx 580 4gb
aorus elite b450
amd ryzen 5 3600
I just changed the processor (Ryzen 3 2200G with Ryzen 5 3600), all good and beautiful, I turned off the PC, a few hours later I opened it for a gaming session, and here the problems appear:
- files in the browser that are blocked
-crashes in games
-Discord started and restarted random   So I opened AMD Software where I noticed a new update (my version 22.8.2 new version 22.10.3) I decided to update to try to get rid of the problems, but here I ran into even more after downloading and reinstall The software completely failed, the errors started, I went to the website, I downloaded the last 4 or 5 versions, but I can't install any of them, at the moment I don't have the software and the board works through windows, I can't open anything, I can't play anything, I have no idea what I tried everything I could find. I deleted all the software versions, I downloaded new and older versions, I updated after the Windows update, nothing worksimage_2022-11-05_232158563.pngimage_2022-11-05_232241529.pngimage_2022-11-05_232317988.pngimage_2022-11-05_232359493.pngimage_2022-11-05_232431824.png

0 Likes
1 Solution
MADZyren
Paragon

After changing CPU, you should reinstall Windows.

View solution in original post

11 Replies
MADZyren
Paragon

After changing CPU, you should reinstall Windows.

johnnyenglish
Grandmaster

I can't really agree but it is recommended sometimes.

I changed board, CPU, several graphic cards, never reinstalled and I did upgraded from Windows 7 to 10.

Your old CPU had an iGPU and you removed it from the system, so maybe you should try DDU as well as there could be residual display drivers from it in place, even if you had a dedicated GPU before. Windows will always detect both.

The Englishman
0 Likes

I know computers usually "work" even if you don't reinstall operating system, but you should reinstall anyway and especially if you encounter issues. I think it was either Gamers Nexus or Hardware Unboxed where they talked about this and if you do not install operating system, at least when going from Intel to AMD, you will lose performance - this is why they do it. If something like this happens, it means that there has to be some kinds of remnants from old hardware configuration and it doesn't sound good.

"Your old CPU had an iGPU and you removed it from the system, so maybe you should try DDU as well as there could be residual display drivers from it in place"

Good point

0 Likes

I tried using DDU before posting here, the problem still persists

0 Likes

Basically it would be possible to fix one thing at a time, starting from Windows update being stuck. From that error code it could be due to 3rd party antivirus or some other installation issue.

But considering how complicated it was to read the first message, I think it would be more practical and better in the long run, if you just perform a clean reinstall of Windows to get the machine to work and because of what I said about comments from tech reviewers. I would also avoid installing non-necessary software like Afterburner and such.

0 Likes
LeChuck99
Adept I

Try the AMD driver uninstall Utility. Install all your Chipset drivers for your board again. Thats may fix the issues. Also keep an eye on your bios version. Also some settings in Bios. Maybe reset the bios config with the default load then activate the Virtualization etc.

I changed CPUs many Times, also boards + CPU. The worst case was only that i had to activate Windows again, but never got issues.

0 Likes
qDaca
Adept I

other ideas? something that will 100% work

0 Likes
johnnyenglish
Grandmaster

I'm sorry but changing the CPU alone wouldn't do this, looks like your system got corrupted somehow.
It happens. But with very little info, You have to do more troubleshooting.

At this point you have two options:

Do an overhaul on your OS:
Have a look on event viewer to see where its having problems, fix them!
Run CHKDSK in full or Macrorit to check for badsectors or corrupted files.
Run SFC and DISM
Try a anti malware software like MalwareBytes
Run CCleaner to check registry

and if is not enough, Reset Windows with maintain files option.

=OR=

Reinstall Windows:

If you are worried with your saves, use macrorit to divide your drive into two partitions and save your stuff there, like steam library, IDK, what needs to be saved if you don't have an extra drive around

Then reinstall fresh using a USB drive with media creation tool from Microsoft.

Good luck

The Englishman
qDaca
Adept I

Hello again. I completely reinstalled windows by erasing and formatting the ssd, the problem persistsimage_2022-11-07_113600715.pngimage_2022-11-07_113703364.png

0 Likes

I wonder if there is an issue with your LAN driver and it corrupts downloads. Have seen this once a long time ago. Try installing a LAN/Ethernet-driver from manufacturers site.

Might be also, that your storage device is broken. Do you use RAID, StoreMI or something else? What does S.M.A.R.T. data say? What is the exact brand and model of your storage drive? How old is it?

0 Likes
qDaca
Adept I

finally everything was solved after reinstalling Windows. the remaining problems are only related to Windows. I managed to reinstall the amd software

0 Likes