cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

john007
Exemplar

AMD should provide a lite version of the 2020 driver

No streaming options, no FPS monitoring, no social embedded tracking, no built-in browser, no stats.

Just a professional, elite level driver GUI.

It should have the 'Games' , 'Performance' and settings panels only.

The Radeon VII is for science, so allow us to control the DPM0 and px states so we can fix the black screen issues with powerplay.

This would be a brilliant 2020 driver.

28 Replies

Re: AMD should provide a lite version of the 2020 driver

No, they need a control panel, like nVidia. No banner ads, no recommendations, no 1000 automatically created game profiles of setup programs, internet browsers, and 3DMark, no Wattman, just a plethora of options and configurables.

john007
Exemplar

I like the new GUI, if it was cut down severely.

We need wattman, you want to know why? Some games anti-cheat software are now blocking MSI afterburner and removing the process which reverts your OC settings and can crash out.

Yes I still agree it should be optional. 

Even if you not OC on Wattman you can use that for monitoring.

Basically every panel/setting should be an optional extra in the download, a list would be good enough.

AMD Team sorry but you don't have the man power to stabilize all these features, I don't even believe NVidia could pull this stunt off.

Cut down your driver and stop messing around.

john007
Exemplar

AMD wont listen, they will still $&&* out this garbage.

Disgusting tactics.

wandrer
Adept II

The NVIDIA panel is optional, the AMD one isnt.

0 Likes
john007
Exemplar

Exactly, NVidia don't even force the bloatware but AMD does.

AMD you cant afford to be forcing this unstable un-optimized bloatware crap on your users.

Your company is bottom of the barrel, I suggest you change your ways drastically.

trillian59
Journeyman III

since they have hardbundled that relive thing in december, this "driver" is not usable anymore.

It even does not install anymore (wants me to drop my file server and revert to a local account, this is sooo sick! Learn programming, fast). And no, AMD, I won't do that!

Amd builds nice hardware, but they also should hire some real programmers. The current state is miserable and they are getting worse and worse with every release.

I reverted to the oct whql version, this was the last I know where you can avoid to ruin your system with all this gaming stuff you will never need in your life and just install the video driver (I dont want HDMI audio too, I have much better speakers attached to my onboard sound, but every "update" now does not give you a choice to leave it out anymore. Its even worse, after the update the sound automatically gets redirected to the hdmi attached monitor and you have some clicking orgys to get it back where it belongs).

AMD, read this: THIS IS A NO GO!!!

Seperate drivers from the BLoatware again, FAST!

bobalazs
Adept III

You don't need any of that crap. Just run the installer if you haven't, and copy the C:\AMD folder the installer creates somewhere else. Remove the driver from add-remove programs and then point gpu in the device manager to that folder you copied previously.

0 Likes
john007
Exemplar

True but we still need some driver values editing so we need the GUI.

bobalazs
Adept III

A low level gui would be best it would be welcomed by many for sure.

0 Likes