cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

AMD Settings "Gaming" takes forever to load game list and profiles

Let me start out by saying that I'm sure this is probably fixed simply by having less games - I know I have a lot of games (350+ currently installed by Steam alone). But this was an issue when I had far less as well (less than 150 games). It's been an issue for as long as it's been in the software.

Essentially, when I open up AMD settings and click "Gaming" - it will sit there, for a long time (several minutes) loading the list of games. It's not a resource issue, as I'm currently on a Threadripper 1900x with 32GB memory. The OS drive, with the registry and data is on an SSD. The games themselves, are on a set of four 7200rpm 2TB drives all in a software RAID 0 (Windows Striped Volume), so even the access speed of the drive and games is rather fast.

Once it finally loads the list, clicking any of the games to load the profile takes several minutes, and that's if the profile is still default. If the profile is modified, it takes even longer, as much as 5 minutes (on a profile that only had 1 setting changed).

I've done several reinstalls, upgrades, downgrades of the software and the drivers. I've done everything apart from hitting it with a hammer or lighting it on fire, and since the option's conception, this issue has plagued me.

Does anyone have any idea what can be done (aside from the obvious 'uninstall 90% of your games') to mitigate or fix this?

EDIT: So I did find one thing. Not sure if this makes a difference. But it seems when it stops "responding" while loading, it starts hemorrhaging memory. From a fairly stable 131MB climbing up fairly quickly to about 1.6GB of memory once it reaches the Gaming tab with the full list of games. Attempting to load into the settings of any game, or to exit a profile after making changes, it climbs upwards of 2GB of RAM (and keeps going). The CPU total usage never gets over 15%, having 10% or less being dedicated to the settings app, while the RAM doesn't reach over 25% (at least, not as long as I've let it)

22 Replies