cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

mlmanic
Journeyman III

AMD settings for After Effects

hey guys, I work with Adobe AE, some plugins like element 3D require GPU for it to work but my AE software isn't registering the AMD card and by default it works with Intel graphics, How do I change this ??? 

0 Likes
4 Replies

0 Likes
cjuliao
Adept I

i unfortunately have had the same issues with my RADEON VEGA 56
that came with my ACER Predator Helios 500 AMD Ryzen laptop

i just purchased a laptop with Ryzen 2700 8 core processor with AMD graphics chipset

with the promise of it being a rendering beast, but for interactivity in after effects its a NO GO
it renders insanely fast, but interactivity within the program is PAINFUL & SLOW
since apparantly adobe doesnt play well with AMD Radeon chips

if you or anyone finds a solution to this seemingly widespread issue of adobe ae not being able to utilize the opengl please let us all know

aside from Element3D, Trapcode Particular also benefits GREATLY from using the GPU
but the selection under preferences>>preview>>CPU/GPU is greyed out no matter what i do
i've tried installing,uninstalling, using old legacy catalyst crimson software, and nothing

0 Likes
cjuliao
Adept I

THANKS kingfish
but i posted where i would hope to get some sort of proactive productive replies
as it seems that Vegas 56 card doesnt want to play well with adobe after effects no matter what i do

some forums get more response than others

0 Likes