Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Frimaire
Journeyman III

AMD Settings doesn't run: error message says "No ADM driver installed"

Hello,

I have an AMD Radeon HD 8790M on a Dell Latitude E6540 with Windows 7.

I'm trying to verify if the system uses this GPU instead of the Intel integrated graphic cards when running games.

The AMD card appears in my Device manager. Windows told me the drivers are up to date and the device was operating correctly.

However I realized that I have no AMD software installed. I tried installing Adrenalin 21.5.1. I rebooted my PC after the installation but the software now refuse to run, with the error message: "No AMD graphics driver installed, or the driver doesn't run correctly." (Translating from French).

I tried to uninstall the drivers from the device manager and reinstalling them from the Dell website, but this hasn't resolved the issue.

What can I do now?

0 Likes
5 Replies
Frimaire
Journeyman III

I updated my BIOS and various other drivers. AMD Settings and Catalyst still won't run. Plus, the GPU driver I downloaded from the Dell website provokes a blue screen of death. Trying to uninstall Catalyst also provokes blue screen.

0 Likes

Information Required When Posting a Discussion

Describe your system:

• AMD Graphics Card Make & Model
    • Radeon VII
  • Desktop or Laptop System
    • If a laptop, Make and Model of the Laptop
  • Operating System
    • Windows 10 64bit 1909 Build
  • Driver version installed
    • Radeon Software Adrenaline 20.10.1
  • CPU/APU Make and model number
    • Ryzen 5 5600X
0 Likes

• AMD Graphics Card Make & Model
    • Radeon HD 8790M
  • Desktop or Laptop System
    • Dell Latitude E6540 (laptop)
  • Operating System
    • Windows 7 64bit
  • Driver version installed
    • 27.20.20903.1001 according to the device manager. The adrenaline/catalyst softwares won't work properly
  • CPU/APU Make and model number
    • Intel i5-4130M

0 Likes

1. Win7 must be fully updated. Keep updating until you get the message "there are no more updates available".

2. The Intel graphics must have the latest drivers offered by Intel. Go to Intel support and run the 'driver finder'. https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/detect.html  These drivers must be installed before the AMD drivers.

Install the correct AMD driver > https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/amd-radeon-hd/amd-radeon-hd-8000m-series/amd-radeon-hd-8790m...

0 Likes

Thanks for the answer. I tried that, and I reinstalled AMD Radeon Software but it still won't work. Also, Catalyst Control Center has been uninstalled by the driver installation, and it won't reinstall.

0 Likes