cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

wilmerroa64
Adept I

AMD Settings does not open after using DDU (subject already discussed)

Greetings to all:

I have already seen this issue in the community, however, before uninstalling my drivers, I will be here if it was advisable to use DDU, several say that if (in case of problems) I did not have, it was only to optimize, obviously not I got to see all the answers, now I regret it. I did all the steps in the right way with DDU - in safe mode - disable the internet - do not disable the antivirus since it did not give me problems - after the restart install the adrenalin drivers 19.2.3 already downloaded and now I do not open the Settings. Also update them to version 19.3.1 with the clean installation, but nothing. Help pleaseeeee, What file will have been deleted from the registry, which does not allow to open the Panel?

I can not format my PC, I do not know if this could also fix the new Windows updates.

with catalyst version 15 drivers that come by default, everything works perfect, the problem is with adrenalin.
My PC:
Lenovo z51-70 laptop
System model: 80k6
Windows: 10 Home 1809 64bits
Antivirus: Avast Free
Interchangeable graphics: Intel HD 5500 / AMD radeon r7 m360 (2 GB)
Ram: 4 GB
Directx 12

0 Likes
12 Replies

if ddu is not helping probably time to reset windows

0 Likes
gqj17
Adept I

Hello,

I had to enable my Intel iGPU to get post-Adrenalin settings to appear.

Hi, how did you do exactly? my intel GPU is always enabled, it is the one that takes care of the VGA, and the AMD only use it for programs and heavy games, obviously.

0 Likes

I enabled it in my BIOS settings,. I don't remember which setting, something like "primary display driver", but I had to switch it to iGPU. I have a gigabyte motherboard so it could be different.

It sounds like yours may already be enabled, if so sorry I couldn't help. It could be that the VGA is connected via the basic driver. Just with me, I don't recall the iGPU and the AMD drivers beings installed at the same time (using DDU), and the way I solved it before enabling the driver in my BIOS was to install a pre- Adrenalin driver.

Also I am on desktop, didn't know that there could be a difference between the two.

0 Likes

Do you have a laptop?

0 Likes

Why did you even disable the Intel graphics? That is part of the switchable graphics function and the AMD graphics mate with them.

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/dh-017

https://community.amd.com/thread/207699

0 Likes

I'm on desktop.

0 Likes

The OP has a laptop....totally different. He has to depend on both graphics. Your comment does not apply to this issue/question.

0 Likes

OP..please read this first..IntelAMD graphics https://community.amd.com/thread/207699 

If thanks, I had read that recently, I apply all the steps likewise when I update a new driver, and with the intel graphics or the eh touched, it does not let me update them, because windows tells me that I have a custom graphics version of intel , then I do not know what conflict the AMD drivers are having, and I do not use the restoration because I have several games and programs and I think that could solve the issue but also affect other parts.

0 Likes

Intel always gives that notice...they also tell you how to install them Manually Install an Intel® Graphics Driver in Windows® 10 and Windows... 

This is equivalent to the AMD notice:

Recommendation:

AMD recommends using the graphics drivers provided by your notebook's manufacturer (OEM)as the manufacturer has customized the drivers to support the built-in display and the features and functions specific to the notebook. Customized graphics drivers are available for download from most notebook manufacturer's web site.

If the current operating system is not the version originally installed on the notebook it may not meet all requirements and compatible graphics drivers may not be available. Please refer to the notebook manufacturer for supported operating systems and drivers.

AMD Mobility Radeon™ Graphics Driver:

AMD provides generic reference drivers for AMD Mobility Radeon graphics with limited support for notebook specific features and functions.

0 Likes
vinnipuk
Journeyman III

hi,

i have an intel hd 5500u too and since 18.12.xx (december 2018) cannot open radeon settings.

right now i'm on 18.12.1.1 drivers.

my PC:

HP Notebook - 15-ac040nl (ENERGY STAR)

Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 17763) (17763.rs5_release.180914-1434)
System Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard
System Model: HP Notebook
BIOS: F.28 (type: UEFI)
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5500U CPU @ 2.40GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.4GHz
amd R5 m330 (2Gb)

intel drivers installed (by w10 update): 20.19.15.5058

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1616&SUBSYS_80C2103C

0 Likes