Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

jarellano
Journeyman III

AMD Setting won't open

Hello,

I recently purchased Vega 56 and updated drivers to 18.12.3 from the website. Every time I try to launch AMD Settings an icon will appear on the system tray and when I mouse over it, it disappears. Does anyone have the same problem? I've thought of rolling back drivers, but I've no clue on how to do so.

0 Likes
6 Replies
dannyboyqw
Journeyman III

Re: AMD Setting won't open

Hey man, I have the same issue, I updated my 460 to 18.12.3. now I can't open the settings. :/

0 Likes
meyerrlf
Journeyman III

Hi,

same problem here with RX 580 and driver version 18.12.3

0 Likes
kingfish
MVP

Driver issues should be reported to AMD > Online Service Request | AMD

0 Likes
mlxg56
Adept I

uninstall the drivers via ddu and in windows safe mode ---> disable your antivirus ---> install new drivers

Fixed the issue for me

0 Likes
taxus
Journeyman III

Just fixed this (AMD settings not working / opening) after a lot of trial and error on my system (i5 9600K, Vega 56 &  MSI Z390 Carbon AC)  and the only fix for me was to alter 2 BIOS settings:-

• Initiate Graphics adapters: [PEG] to [IGD]
  • Internal Graphics: [Auto] to [Enabled].

Not sure which of the 2 changes above fixed the issue, so only one change may be needed. But as all is running fine so I’m loathed to change anything else.

dannyboyqw
Journeyman III

Hey, thanks for looking into this, I decided to take a look into this again and it seems for me enabling IGPU multi-monitor in the bios fixed the issue. 

Thanks!

I5-6600k, Radeon RX 460, Asus LGA1151 

0 Likes