cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

mnl1121
Journeyman III

AMD Ryzen Master stops responding after a minute of opening

Title says it all, after opening AMD Ryzen Master it stops responding after a minute. There's nothing in particular I'm doing, I can leave it alone and not touch it and it'll still stop responding. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling. This happened with a previous version and with the newest version that upgraded and then uninstalled/reinstalled today. Anyone else experience this and figure out how to fix it?

I have a Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (wifi)

3900X

G Skill Trident Z Neo 32 GB

EVGA GTX 2080 Super

0 Likes
3 Replies
mnl1121
Journeyman III

I've read in other threads that the problem lies with moving Ryzen Master to a secondary monitor. Keeping it on my primary monitor seems to keep it from crashing. Very weird bug. AMD please fix!

After trying to fix this issue on and on for months I can confirm, forcing ryzen master to open on your main monitor does fix this! (had to disable my other monitors and then move the window to my main screen.

And yeah AMD please fix this, this makes the software unusable on a multi-monitor PC, and its most useful as a monitoring tool on a second monitor!

Processor: Ryzen 5950X

Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX X570-E Gaming

Newest chipset drivers and ryzen master at the time of wriging

0 Likes
capricorn1
Journeyman III

I have a nearly identical system as yours, and Version 2.1.0.1424 of Ryzen Master. It works if I keep it on my primary monitor, but freezes after a few seconds to a minute or so if I put it on a second monitor.

My system is:

AMDRyzen 9 3900X 12 core/24 thread
AsusX570 ROG Crosshair Hero VIII Hero (WiFi)
EVGAGeForce RTX 2080 Super FTW3 Hydro Copper Gaming
SeasonicPrime Snow Silent 750 Titanium SSR-750TR 750W
ThermaltakeCore P5 Tempered Glass Snow Edition
Sabrent2TB Rocket NVMe 4.0 Gen4 PCIe M.2 Internal SSD with Heatsink
Intel2TB 660p NVMe M.2 PCIe 3.0 x4
G.SKILLTrident Z Neo 32GB DDR4 3600 (PC4 28800) Desktop Memory Model F4-3600C16D-32GTZNC
ThermaltakeTT Premium PCI-E x16 3.0 Extender Riser Cable 300mm Graphic Cards Black