cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

troya2023
Adept I

AMD Ryzen Master Issue install/uninstal

Hi. Downloaded and installed AMD Ryzen Master. It couldn't recognize the CPU so I decided to uninstall it. There was an issue with uninstalling it through Apps  manager so it was simply deleted with all files and register was cleared. Everything was deleted except file atikmdag_dce, which always says "in use by system" when I'm trying to delete it. 

Now I am trying to install this program again when I run the installer it still thinks that this program is installed as it offers me to uninstall it and nothing happens when press "uninstall" button.

0 Likes
1 Solution

I noticed you opened a another thread concerning your laptop APU Processor Ryzen 5800H which means you can't install Ryzen Master in your laptop. It is incompatible with Laptop APU processors only with Desktop APU processors.

That is why it doesn't recognize your processor since it is considered to be incompatible.

Now there is a Lite Ryzen Master that is made for laptop if interested. It is call Ryzen Controller from Gitlabs and Githubs.

Here is the link to install Ryzen Controller from Gitlabs: https://gitlab.com/ryzen-controller-team/ryzen-controller

That should be able to monitor your Ryzen 5800H processor.

You can download a free Uninstaller called Wise Uninstaller. Do a Force uninstall by directing it to the folder or file that wasn't deleted from Ryzen Master and see if it removes all traces of Ryzen Master from your laptop.

Just remember make sure the file or folder is related to Ryzen Master and not to your AMD VGA Driver/program

View solution in original post

2 Replies

I noticed you opened a another thread concerning your laptop APU Processor Ryzen 5800H which means you can't install Ryzen Master in your laptop. It is incompatible with Laptop APU processors only with Desktop APU processors.

That is why it doesn't recognize your processor since it is considered to be incompatible.

Now there is a Lite Ryzen Master that is made for laptop if interested. It is call Ryzen Controller from Gitlabs and Githubs.

Here is the link to install Ryzen Controller from Gitlabs: https://gitlab.com/ryzen-controller-team/ryzen-controller

That should be able to monitor your Ryzen 5800H processor.

You can download a free Uninstaller called Wise Uninstaller. Do a Force uninstall by directing it to the folder or file that wasn't deleted from Ryzen Master and see if it removes all traces of Ryzen Master from your laptop.

Just remember make sure the file or folder is related to Ryzen Master and not to your AMD VGA Driver/program

troya2023
Adept I

Thank you for your help.