Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

amdmatt
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: AMD Ryzen Master 1.3.0.618 VBS Error

This is a known issue and should affect all versions of Ryzen Master Tool.

Can you provide more information on which Ryzen Master Tool version worked with Hyper V as this is not expected?

0 Kudos
zyle
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

I'm just replying so i can keep track of this thread, I use Hyper-V out of neccesity, and would like to be able to use ryzen master too.

tomuse
Adept I
Adept I

The same problem also exists with Windows 10 Version 1803 (build 17134.1).

If Hyper-V is activated, only Ryzen Master Version 1.2.0.540 is running, with Version 1.3.0.618 you always get the VBS Error.

System Parameters:

Mainboard: ASUS X370-Pro @ BIOS 4008,

CPU: AMD Ryzen 1700,

Windows 10 1803 (10.0.17134.1)

Microsoft Hyper-V installed

tomuse
Adept I
Adept I

The last answer from AMD Support

Thank you for the response.

We have received similar reports from the users and our driver team is currenty looking into it.

I request you to revert to old version as of now and wait for an update or fix.

Thank you for contacting AMD.

In order to update this service request, please respond, leaving the service request reference intact.

Best regards,

Santosh

AMD Global Customer Care

0 Kudos
ramchyld
Adept III
Adept III

Hi,

I would like to report that I too am getting this error.

I am trying to install Ryzen Master onto my X399 system (decided to switch from Linux because ultimately I need to run Sony Vegas).

I cannot remove Hyper-V because I need it in Visual Studio, as Microsoft's Windows Mobile and Android SDK uses it to virtualize the simulation environments for running the apps.

Please help.

needsnurfing
Adept II
Adept II

Any update with regards to the progress? My support ticket has been closed I believe.

0 Kudos
amdmatt
Community Manager
Community Manager

Sorry there are no updates.

This behavior is expected, however i did forward the interest in this feature and the fact it did work on a specific older version to the Ryzen team for consideration.

longyc
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Register an account here just to raise my concern on the same issue as well, Hyper-V will only get more popular and I hope AMD can take this issue more seriously if Ryzen is to be marketed as a multitask power horse.

sharktooth
Elite
Elite

you can always overclock from the BIOS... it's still the preferred way, since you can control motherboard specific features (like VRM settings/LLC) you cannot control with Ryzen Master.

EDIT: if you need to keep sensors (temps/voltages/ecc...) under control, you could just use HWInfo64

ramchyld
Adept III
Adept III

Thing is tho, I do not want to overclock. I just want a convenient way to look at the CPU temperature.

As for HWiNFO64, yeah, what I'm using now.