cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

thornton
Adept II

Re: AMD Ryzen Master 1.3.0.618 VBS Error

The new version 2.1.0.1424 didn't help either - no surprise.

elstaci
MVP

The only workaround I can imagine is if AMD comes out with a Ryzen Master Lite version. The Lite version is strictly monitoring the processor without able to change any parameters on the processors. Thus, theoretically, it should work with Hyper-V enabled. Since it will be similar to other Hardware monitoring software. This is not a solution for those IT personal that needs to Overclock or Underclock the Ryzen but for those who just need it for accurate Temperature and Frequencies, etc to monitor their computers and Ryzen processors.

They can also make Ryzen Master Lite a stand alone version or one embedded in Radeon Settings like AMD Wattman. Where the User can enable or disable it at their discretion.

Just a idea for a work around.

0 Likes
vuli
Adept I

I don't get it. Why is HyperV or VBS such a big problem for Ryzen Master?

0 Likes
mosthated
Adept I

I don't have Hyper-v enabled, it is not currently, and it never has been installed on this system. VBS is explicitly disabled as well. I did a fresh install when I received my 3950x a few days ago. I am still getting this error, though.

0 Likes
nunyabzness
Adept II

I hate to see a company that has made such great strides in their processor technology fall so flat on their face with respect to drivers and support software. I just replaced my Intel-based workstation with a hand-built 3950X-based workstation based purely on the capabilities of the processor and was dismayed to see that the problems with AMD continue. I need VBS to help secure my system and I need Hyper-V for containers and daily use VMs. The kernel mode driver standards to work with Device and Credential guard have been published and documented for well over a year.

There's no valid excuse to not support the range of products. The outcome of this issue will inform my purchasing decisions going forward... I can "make do" with third party products, but I shouldn't have to when dealing with a Tier 1 manufacturer...

mosthated
Adept I

Precisely, I too went with the 3950x because I wanted the best of the best in terms of performance outside of going with a full on Threadripper build. I deal primarily with infrastructure automation and virtualization, but then also applications like Houdini, Blender, Maya, etc, so a processor like this is just all around a huge boost in performance but I also expected to be able to fully utilize it to it's maximum potential, which is why I paired it with a DeepCool 360 AIO. Having to go into the bios and turn SVM on and off simply to be able to open Ryzen Master or go back to my daily tasks is just silly.

To make things even worse, I went with a Gigabyte board because I heard good things about them over the years, only to find out their software is absolutely atrocious. Laughable at best. Half the time it won't open, when it does, it keeps trying to autoinstall Norton, Google Drive, and a bunch of other crap any time you try to update or install anything. x570 boards were released with numerous bios issues, etc.

I expected way more from brands such as these. I know everyone is racing to try and be "first" with some new product or feature to try and get money money money, but seriously, come on.

pythonesquespam
Adept I

It's been months since I posted on this topic and just before Christmas I reinstalled Ryzen Master (v2.1.0.1424) and it works perfectly even with SVM active.  During the interim, I've updated to the latest vF50a BIOS, solved a concurrent issue with BSOD DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION that turned out to be the AMD SATA AHCI Driver which I replaced with the Standard Microsoft (dated 2006) one to avoid the issue.  I also removed tools from the Gigabyte App Center leaving just Fast Boot, RBG Fusion 2.0 and SIV installed.

So it appears that for my X470 Aorus Ultra Gaming board at least it is now working.  However I've no idea why!  Perhaps Gigabyte fixed the issue and addressed it in a BIOS or Software update, or perhaps one of the other actions I took solved the issue?  In any case I hope this post helps someone.

thornton
Adept II

That sounds... strange... to put it mildly. 

2.1.0.1424 refuses to start on my Aorus X399 Extreme and 2920x when SVM is enabled. 

0 Likes
x7007
Adept II

I have the same issue x399 1950x

0 Likes
stanzilla
Journeyman III

Same issue here. Would love to not have to HEX edit the .exe to get it to work 😕

0 Likes