cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

kybeer
Journeyman III

Re: AMD Ryzen Master 1.3.0.618 VBS Error

Any way to solve the VBS warning, with latest Ryzen Master?

I have HyperV installed and don't want to remove it.

0 Likes
thornton
Adept II

Nope. You are stuck like the rest of us 

julien1428
Journeyman III

This is going to be even more important when TR 3000 hits. Please fix this! 

0 Likes
pythonesquespam
Adept I

I don't even have Hyper-V, Hypervisor, Sandbox, Virtual Machine Platform or Windows Defender Application Guard installed.

IOMMU and Secure Boot are also disabled in Bios.

Yet I get the same VBS error message on launching Ryzen Master.

As I don't have any virtualisation components installed, could it be that this error is nothing to do with VBS?

I'm using:

Processor - AMD Ryzen 7 2700 Eight-Core Processor, 3200 Mhz, 8 Core(s), 16 Logical Processor(s)

System Model - Gigabyte X470 AORUS ULTRA GAMING

Operating System - Windows 10 Pro Version 10.0.18362 Build 18362

0 Likes
nushydude
Journeyman III

For me, it works if I disable SVM in BIOS. If I enable SVM, then it doesn't work. 

If I disable SVM, then Hyper-V doesn't work. Looks straight forward to me.

pythonesquespam
Adept I

Thanks NushyDude,

I have a X470 AORUS ULTRA GAMING motherboard and a Ryzen 7 2700 CPU.

After a bit of research I found SVM Mode:-

IMG_20190816_125604.jpg

IMG_20190816_125548.jpg

IMG_20190816_125555.jpg

I disabled it and Ryzen Master is working again... great!

However, this is merely a workaround as SVM Mode is mandatory for Windows security features such as "Windows Defender Application Guard" and "Sandbox".  So even if you don't use Virtual Machines (e.g. Hyper-V), Windows Security is compromised by disabling SVM to use the Ryzen Master driver.  Also, using Virtual Machines and overclocking is commonplace in Windows nowadays and peeps buy AMD Processors with this in mind, so having the Ryzen 7 CPU's own driver getting in the way of this is not acceptable.

Bottom line, having SVM as a function of the AMD Ryzen 7 Processor not supported by it's own driver software is surely something that needs to be addressed?

0 Likes
thornton
Adept II

It's a no-brainer that it should be supported, but honestly I have lost hope that we will ever see support.

AMD clearly doesn't care, otherwise they would at least have made a statement that they are working on it.

It sucks and I am personally considering if the move from Intel to a Ryzen was a good idea. 

speedy37
Adept I

They seems to not care about what is on this thread. (R7 1800X with Hyper-V, waiting for 3950X).

Reviewers are always testing things with a single app open (they don't care about the handling of background tasks/security features).

Maybe we should open a thread on reddit and try to not let it sink.

0 Likes
eddiez
Adept II

But let's be honest: You can do all the stuff RM does also without this application... It's not unique. 

0 Likes
speedy37
Adept I

Ryzen Master has some (even more true with Zen 2) exclusive features like per ccx overclock.

0 Likes