cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

jayyson
Journeyman III

Re: AMD Ryzen Master 1.3.0.618 VBS Error

Built a 2950x, installed Hyper-V, got tech support, this. Just adding myself to the list of people irritated by this...

eddiez
Adept II

Based on the new feature of 1903, I see that enabling the Sand Box virtual feature without having Hypervisor installed will also block Ryzen Master .

elstaci
MVP

Seems like Windows Sandbox uses Hyper-V for its function according to this article: https://www.windowscentral.com/how-use-windows-sandbox-windows-10-may-2019-update 

Good observation. But I imagine once RM is fixed and works with Hyper-V and will also work with Sandbox. Unfortunately if Sandbox is not a feature you can disabled, then that means RM won't work for anyone with the latest version of Windows 1903 that has installed Pro version and above.

eddiez
Adept II

Sand Box feature is not installed by default, I enabled it myself through the additional software control panel. So you can disable it as well again. 

But since quite some Windows security features depend on Hyper-V, it would be great to have Ryzen Master support this. 

bigcid10
Journeyman III

I run windows 10 pro for workstations x64 and I don't have hyper-v enabled at all

and version 2.0.0.1192 still gives me a vbs error

widows insider 18396.1000

amd ryzen 3900x

gigabyte x570 utra

0 Likes
eddiez
Adept II

You're running an Insider build. First check if there is yet another new feature based on virtualization activated in this build (like Sandbox). 

0 Likes
bigcid10
Journeyman III

I got it to work by disabling windows sandbox

then changing the secure boot setting in my bios from custom to standard

it opened after that

0 Likes
mcleod
Journeyman III

I am joining in on this. Maybe it will be fixed some day.

Just built a 2950X and am bummed Ryzen Master and Hyper-V do not get along. I use VMs during the day for work and game a little at night and thought Ryzen Master looked like a nice feature.

0 Likes
thornton
Adept II

As a developer and gamer, it sucks for me as well, but I doubt we'll ever see a solution. 

0 Likes
needsnurfing
Adept II

Going on over one year without being able to use ryzen master 😕

Virtualization is mainstream now, so are security features. AMD need to come up with a solution.