cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

sharktooth
Elite

Re: AMD Ryzen Master 1.3.0.618 VBS Error

use your motherboard bios. Ryzen master is not the only way you can overclock and you can monitor system temps with hwinfo.

0 Likes
clsmithj
Adept II

sharktooth do you think nobody knew that?    Ryzen-Master presents a option to overclock in real-time. 

0 Likes
sharktooth
Elite

well, you can also use p-states overclock if you're concerned about power consumption while the pc is idling. there is almost no need to have a real-time oc if not to fast-find good values for a stable overclock.

0 Likes
thornton
Adept II

I think most of us here know how to overclock, but that is not the point.

The point is AMD is advertising features and software of the TR that are useless if you do virtualization.

We all know how to OC thru BIOS but we just want AMD to fix RM.

speedy37
Adept I

Even if overclocking is not working with VBS enabled for some (yet to be known) security reasons, some functionalities should work (dynamic mode for TR, CPU monitoring).

Having to use 3rd party apps like ProcessLasso to do this job is not great

sharktooth
Elite

the problem probably lies in a windows update... solo better ask Ms to fix their stuff

0 Likes
speedy37
Adept I

In which world does this have to do with windows updates ? VBS is a security isolation feature making use of Hyper-V to ensure OS integrity.

sharktooth
Elite

have you  read the thread?

0 Likes
thornton
Adept II

It's not MS responsibility that AMDs software doesn't run because MS tightened VBS in an update.

If AMD were willing to fix this, they could have done so in corporation with MS a long time ago. But I'll bet they haven't event startet on a fix and much less contacted MS.

gdogaru
Journeyman III

excuse me for expecting the software provided by the manufacturer to just work.

In my job, I loose money if I have to debug and read threads on why a thing that should just work, no longer does. 

This is a lack of respect towards the buyers