Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

riphur
Journeyman III

Re: AMD Ryzen Master 1.3.0.618 VBS Error

Hi,

I installed version 1.5. Unfortunately, after installation, the program does not start. I have the window frame that appears with the center blurred, and it closes.

No worries with previous versions.

The windows service, AMDDynamicLocalModeSerivce is running in the task manager

I have a 2990WX on a Gigabyte Aorus Gaming x399

0 Likes
jacedeuce
Journeyman III

Version 1.2 doesn't work with 2XXX Ryzen processors

kushan
Adept II

Just wanted to report in that I'm also seeing the same issue. I also require Hyper-V for my work so I cannot just disable it.

0 Likes
ismaba
Adept I

The same happens to me.

Even with Hyper-v disabled it is installed but the ryzen master application does not open.

I have a 2990WX on an Asrock X399 taichi.

Any solution.

riphur
Journeyman III

No news for 1.5 crash ?

0 Likes
kingfish
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator

clsmithj
Adept II

Count me in with the same issues as others.  I just installed this Ryzen Master after reading the update for it that adds dynamic local support for the 2990wx and 2970wx processors.

My system is using a 2990wx CPU and of course I am running Hyper-V a vitally important virtualization tool to have when you want or have multiple systems that you need to manage in a workstation environment.

Windows 10 for Workstations (Build 1803)

I'm going to read further into this as their must be some reason/limitation of this Ryzen Master for AMD to design it incompatible with Hyper-V.  It's like designing a car with the automatic gearbox disabled.

julien1428
Journeyman III

I'm experiencing the same issues. I require Hyper-V and believe that a fix is seriously needed Quickly.

0 Likes
tomuse
Adept I

The current version 1.5.1.0862 also has the same problems as its predecessor. So we are still waiting for a working version.

Unbelievable what AMD has been doing for 8 months.

pastedImage_0.png

pastedImage_1.png

thornton
Adept II

This is getting ridiculous.You throw an insane amount of $$ after a high end CPU and they can't even fix such a small problem. If it were not for the store not accepting this as a valid refund reason, i would have ditched my Threadripper and gotten an Intel by now.

How can AMD not realize, that when people buy a Threadripper there is a good chance they are going to use it for virtualization?