cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

xlviitheroman
Journeyman III

Re: AMD Ryzen Master 1.3.0.618 VBS Error

If anyone stumbles across this thread and just wants to disable VBS, you can use this batch script.

-----

set FREE_MOUNT_VOL_DRIVELETTER=L:

mountvol %FREE_MOUNT_VOL_DRIVELETTER% /s

copy C:\WINDOWS\System32\SecConfig.efi L:\EFI\Microsoft\Boot\SecConfig.efi /Y

bcdedit /create {0cb3b571-2f2e-4343-a879-d86a476d7215} /d "DG" /application osloader

bcdedit /set {0cb3b571-2f2e-4343-a879-d86a476d7215} path "\EFI\Microsoft\Boot\SecConfig.efi"

bcdedit /set {bootmgr} bootsequence {0cb3b571-2f2e-4343-a879-d86a476d7215}

bcdedit /set {0cb3b571-2f2e-4343-a879-d86a476d7215} loadoptions DISABLE-LSA-ISO,DISABLE-VBS

bcdedit /set {0cb3b571-2f2e-4343-a879-d86a476d7215} device partition=%FREE_MOUNT_VOL_DRIVELETTER%

mountvol %FREE_MOUNT_VOL_DRIVELETTER% /d

shutdown /t 0 /r

-----

Change L: in the first line to a drive letter you don't use.

It'll force a reboot and make you press F3 to make sure you really want to disable Credential Guard and VBS.  As a side-effect, you'll also be able to use VirtualBox with Hyper-V enabled.

sharktooth
Elite

overclock using bios... FFS...

they already know the problem, dont waste my inbox space

0 Likes
thejohndoe
Adept I

You have no idea how many unity tests they run on each build. It's impossible to detect every possible bug.

0 Likes
speedy37
Adept I

Ryzen 1800X on Windows 10 Pro 1803, same issue, and I'm using Hyper-V extensively and I refuse to consider disabling VBS as this is a security feature.

Please consider fixing this, or at least tell us why this can't be done with VBS active.

phrost6
Journeyman III

This is still occurring with the 1.4 update - and will be a big disadvantage to engineers that ordered the 2990WX with the intent of using it for virtualization related workloads. Having to disable Hyper-V, reboot, and then tweak things with Ryzen Master, reboot, re-enable Hyper-V, and reboot again will take probably 10-15 minutes each time.

To the people above- it's not just for overclocking. I've yet to see how all of the work apps handle 32 cores- some may only function with 8 or less, which would require RM to disable cores as well.

tomuse
Adept I

The current version 1.4.0.728 also has the same problems as its predecessor. So we are still waiting for a working version.

pastedImage_0.png

racefpv
Journeyman III

Registered just to add myself to the list of people that rely on Hyper-V for their job and would like to be able to use AMD Ryzen master to control things. Same VBS error as of 9/23

kobenauf
Journeyman III

I would argue many/most software developers use or will be using Docker, which requires virtualization, but we also want to be able to manage performance profiles from Ryzen Master, e.g. turning on game mode, PBO, etc.

stephenm599
Journeyman III

Just thought Id add in that it isnt Just hyperV.  I use windows hypervisor to run my emulation for android studio and it generates the same error.

eden188
Adept I

Just built my dream TR machine and only to come across the same problem . Running Hyper-V is my top priority with this PC, I'm not interested in OC, but do play the odd occasional games and require to Game Mode on.

It is minor inconvenience, but looking from when this post started, it doesn't look like AMD has done anything about it.

Little disappointed, but still loving this machine .