cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

sharktooth
Elite

Re: AMD Ryzen Master 1.3.0.618 VBS Error

HWInfo64 is your friend. Look at Tdie temp to have the correct temperature reading.

0 Likes
longyc
Journeyman III

I'm aware of alternative third party solutions and the good ol' BIOS, but thanks for sharing it anyway.

Still, my point is, customers purchased Ryzen under the impression of being able to use this what advertised as simple and powerful Ryzen Master, only to find out it doesn't work with Hyper-V (one of the main reasons I purchase a Windows 10 Pro instead of a Home edition). So, the picture I'm seeing is: Ryzen is for power users who use Windows 10 Pro but it comes with a software that doesn't work well with Pro. Not trying to whine but I do think Ryzen should take this issue more seriously. I like how AMD commits to long term support for AM4 and differentiate with multitasking thus I'm willing to give up single core and gaming performance but less priority for Pro users do bother me a little.

sharktooth
Elite

maybe I was misunderstood. I suggested a workaround... but the main issue needs to be fixed.

bobbycannon
Adept I

I completely agree. I purchase the Thread Ripper so I could run virtual machines... silly to not be able to use Ryzen software also?

vako
Adept I

1.2.0.0540 is working on Windows 10 Pro x64 1803 without issue.

0 Likes
ramchyld
Adept III

Totally. One of my rationale to go with Threadripper was so I could have enough processing power to virtualize two servers that I need as a testbed to run an enterprise software called Meridium so I can work out how the latest changes to the software would affect my department. I just wanted Ryzen Master running so I can check CPU temperature. Good thing I rediscovered HWiNFO64 thanks to someone here, but yeah. Why the BIOS of this mobo is designed to scare people which such high readings is beyond me. As a matter of fact, I suggest AMD tells it's board manufacturers to stop doing this, this is doing nothing to help AMD's previously bad image that it's chips run hot.

0 Likes
giorgiog
Journeyman III

I just created an account to say... come on AMD - don't make me regret building this 1950X rig.    

thejohndoe
Adept I

Yeah. I know it takes a while to run new software through QA (who knows how much of it is automated), but I'm hoping they put out a fix sometime soon.

0 Likes
tomuse
Adept I

The current version 1.3.0.623 also has the same problems as its predecessor. So we are still waiting for a working version.

1.3.0.623.PNG

vako
Adept I

Really? I bought my 1950X for Hyper-V, does AMD actually do any testing?

0 Likes