cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

cadennb
Newcomer

AMD Ryzen 3 2200G Lower Than Expected Performance

I recently built my first computer(yay). I downloaded the auto-detecting software on the AMD website for getting drivers, and then I tried playing Overwatch, however, I'm getting really poor results despite many benchmarks and gameplay reviews I've seen with the raven ridge 2200G and vega 8 internal graphics. I've changed things in the bios, I've set the VRAM to 2gb, however, nothing is changing...but then I tried opening the program "Radeon Settings", and I experienced an error message saying "No graphics card detected....blah blah blah", so I used the AMD uninstalling util and then I installed the auto-detecting software again, this time I ran as administrator. When it was looking for drivers on the loading screen, it finally displayed a message, something like "No drivers detected for your system"...or something like that. I don't know if maybe I didn't get the right drivers which is why I basically can't run Overwatch, or id there is something wrong with my APU. And what;s really strange is that the "unviersal", auto-detecting software for drivers couldn't find me and required drivers. What should I do???

Message was edited by: Matt B

Title edited

0 Likes
3 Replies
vux
Journeyman III

Make sure you have Windows 10 64 bit, because there's only the driver for that OS. Here's the link: Radeon Software for Ryzen™ Desktop Processors with Radeon™ Vega Graphics Release Notes

Just scroll down and click on "Download AMD Radeon Software for Ryzen Desktop Processors with Radeon Vega Graphics Driver for Windows® 10 64-bit". Make sure to click on clean install later in the installation, because you already have a wrong driver, and that will delete it. It will prompt you to restart your pc, and when it turns itself on, don't do anything, wait for it to show up, it may take a few mins. When it's done, you should be able to play games normally .

auserick
Journeyman III

I had the same problem and I solved it by downloading and installing the windows downloading it from here
Descargar Windows 10
then install the drivers that came in the disk of my board, then install the driver of the amd page
Radeon Software for Ryzen™ Desktop Processors with Radeon™ Vega Graphics Release Notes
and

pastedImage_2.png
machetex1
Adept I

Display Driver Uninstaller Download version 17.0.8.4

Use above link for instructions how to uninstall the video drivers.. I would too download your particular chipset drivers and install them right after you do a safe mode uninstall using ddu.. Then reinstall the latest radeon video drivers. I would not use myself the autodetect. Also do not click on keep up to date. I had that same issue before and master it.. Good luck..

0 Likes