Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Decon05
Adept I

AMD RX580 Drivers refuse to install

Hello, 

This has been an issue that I've been dealing with for many months now and I am stumped on how to fix it. Whenever I try to update my drivers for my GPU using the radeon software the update either gets stuck at a certain percentage or just cancels and goes back to the download button. I tried downloading drivers from the AMD website and a similar problem occurs where it will not let me install the drivers. On an off topic note a similar thing happens with my windows 10 updates where it tells me I am missing important security updates but whenever I check for updates it doesn't do anything. 

If anyone could suggest anything that would be great.

0 Likes
8 Replies

run the following command line in a elevated Command Prompt - SFC /scannow

See if it comes back with not integrity issues found.

It actually said it fixed some things when I ran it so I guess there were integrity issues. However even after restarting my pc the issue persists.

Which Windows 10 version do you currently have installed?

Sound like your Windows is corrupted since both the AMD driver and Update doesn't work.

Try doing a In-Place Repair of your current Windows 10.

Run the same Windows 10 version Installation files from your Flash drive/HDD/SDD or from Microsoft Download page you have installed while on your Windows Desktop. Then just follow the directions. It will keep all of your current 3rd party Apps and configurations except replace your Windows Folder with a new one.

If you have an older version of Windows 10 then go to Microsoft Windows download page and click to Update Windows. It will upgrade your Windows to the latest version plus keep all of your 3rd party Apps.

I would first download the Windows Installation file (.ISO) to your PC before clicking on upgrading Windows from Online first.

You can start the process by clicking on "Update Now" from Microsoft Download page from here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

NOTE: Afterwards see if Windows updates and AMD installs correctly. You can delete Windows.old folder by using Windows  CleanUp feature otherwise the folder will automatically be deleted in, I believe, in 10 days in case you want to revert back to the previous Windows version you had.

0 Likes

Thank you for this solution. Will doing an in-place repair uninstall any of my other programs or will all my programs remain after the process? 

0 Likes

By doing an In-Place Repair/Upgrade all the programs and apps you have will still be there. You won't need to uninstall any programs unless Windows Installation find an issue.

If the In-Place Repair installation fails for any reasons while installing, It will won't change anything in your present Windows OS.

I have done it several times in the past to fix a corrupt Windows OS after all troubleshooting efforts failed. 

Three times I was forced to do a Clean Windows installation which I hated to do since I would spend a couple of days re-installing all my programs and apps and configuring Windows again.

But ever since Windows 98, I have been doing In-Place Upgrades up to including Windows 10 without ever having to re-install any programs or apps.

Whereas if you do a Reset or Clean Installation of Windows 10 you will lose all of your 3rd party apps and configurations.

The only negative about a In-Place Repair/Upgrade is if the issue is not due to the Windows OS you will still have the same issue after the Repair/Upgrade but at least you will have a good Windows Folder again.

0 Likes

Hello,

Sorry for the very late reply,

I tried these steps and luckily it worked in making my windows update again. I am now up to date. However, my drivers still refuse to update and I have ran into some new problems.

I tried opening the radeon software but when I tried it said that the software and driver versions do not match. I tried downloading the drivers for my graphics card from the website but it continuously gives me a "Download interrupted: Network error" when downloading (this has also been an issue i've had for a very long time on large files across multiple browsers). I was able to download the auto-detect but that gave me a error 195 when trying to install the drivers. 

One issue has been resolved, the other still pending.

0 Likes

I have the same GPU and am trying to install the Adrenalin 21.10.1 software

It says it is compatible but nothing I've tried has worked...

0 Likes
jahidsarkar
Journeyman III

You can change the language of the Comments plugin by loading a localized version of the Facebook SDK for JavaScript.

0 Likes