cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

iorangex
Journeyman III

AMD RX5700XT possible black screen error

People, how are you doing? .. I was seeing some things about the error of the black screen with the 5700XT graphic, I realized that it happens in certain games, and in some games it does not happen. Let me explain it better, I have been playing Mortal Kombat 11, for several hours without any problem, now when I play assassins creed 1, 2, brotherhood, revelation the black screen comes every 2 hours or 3 hours continuous, and when the black screen comes I have to restart the pc. So I think this comes from the side of the amd controller, now they released a new version that is 20.7.2, but in this version "PES 2020" does not work, so I suppose there must be a problem with the drivers, and games conflict, it's the only thing I can think of. The only thing that I hope and pray, is that it is something of the controllers, and not a problem of the graph of the series "RX5000", I hope that this can be solved by amd with the controllers. I know my computer is not, because this appeared when I bought the msi rx5700xt mech, before I had a gigabyte aorus gtx1080 extreme and these black screens did not have it. My source I know that it is not either, because it is a gigabyte g750h plus gold. The only thing I hope people who are something of the controller and that those of amd can solve it because I no longer have any more guarantee in the gpu, to change the thermal pads, to improve the temperatures of the graph, since the thermal pads that came from The factory was disgusting, it did not even cover the entire vram memory, nor the vrm. So if it becomes something from the graph, rather from amd's production, I am ruined because I will not be able to return it. Changing the thermal pads, I have lowered the junction temperatures, the normal temperature of the gpu, and the temperature of the vram memory, I have passed the furmark, and with an undervolting of 1950mhz, and 1000v, it does not exceed 65 degrees , and the junction temperature does not exceed 85 degrees, and the vram memory reaches 84, 85. Hopefully, in the next amd controllers they can be solving it, and we can all enjoy the graphics in peace, without searching solutions at all times .. Greetings and I send a hug to all.

0 Likes
7 Replies
accn
Elite

I'm having problems since september, last week i asked a friend for gpu to make sure everything is ok with my pc, and there really were no problems with another gpu, I could leave a browser with hardware acceleration in the background, switch between windows as many times as I want. Play games without worrying that my PC will freeze and restart at an unexpected moment. After that, I installed my rx5700 back and installed the latest current driver (clean install with DDU of course). Launched cs go and did some quick alt + tabs and my pc immediately froze with TRRRR sound and rebooted. After that I tried to install a one-year-old driver 19.7.5 (many users here claimed that this is the most stable driver for rx navi), and apparently with it I can switch between windows without crashing the PC at least. Even if the PC is stable with this driver, it is already a year old, it is not optimized for a large number of new games and the performance with it is generally lower, but I advise you to try it

you say that from version 19.7.5 it had no more black screen .. Is the performance much lower or is it almost nil?

0 Likes

I said that many users claim 19.7.5 is the only stable release for them, and I am testing it at the moment. In terms of performance, on version 19.7.5 my gpu reaches 22k graphic scores in 3dmark firestrike, and with drivers 20.5.1 and newer ~24.5k graphic scores. That's about 10% of the difference

0 Likes
adamwowjkez0r
Adept II

hello, no black screens since October 2019.
ryzen 3600
msi rx 5700 gaming x
msi b450m mortar

the problem was solved by the release of BIOS version 7B89v1C(beta became available at the end of October) and i use GPU Scaling
pastedImage_1.png

Sure, but that solution works for the 5700XT, or is it only for the 5700.

0 Likes

in my case, updating the BIOS did not solve the problem

0 Likes

278/5000
It is that updating the bios of the motherboard will not solve a problem of the gpu, because it is an amd problem, either from the same video card or the drivers, any external solution to this will not solve it. Who has to solve it are the same as amd.
0 Likes