cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

elstaci
MVP

Re: AMD RX 570 not detected

I just ran the OCCT-CPU test with Small Packet for 4 minutes. Here are the results. The CPU Temperatures were identical to my Hardware monitoring software. I also included the Graphics that show my PSU Outputs of 3.3, 5.0, and 12 VDC:

0 Likes
elstaci
MVP

I noticed that on your screen shots of OCCT the Monitoring part which important is not being shown. You need to click on the RIght side of the menu where it says Monitoring to show that window. That is the one the shows all the pertinent information when you were running the test in a nutshell. It show Max and Min temperatures and voltages of the CPU. GPU, and PSU outputs.

Just ran the OCCT PSU Test for about 5 minutes. Here are the results:

If you noticed all my PSU Outputs are within tolerances during the test. The hottest my CPU got was 56 c. But then again I am using a very good CPU Cooler with dual fans on the heatsink.

0 Likes
agoosh
Adept I

As embarrassing as it sounds, I checked and the CPU fan wasn't sitting in

correctly. I got frustrated and took everything apart and put it together,

and now the fan is sitting flush to the CPU. Also changed the fan setting

in BIOS from standard to turbo (duh, it should have been like that before)

I ran the CPU: OCCT test again, and got much, much better results. I

stopped it at 30 minutes as the temperatures were staying at the same range:

Ran the test again, as you suggested, on Small Data Set, for another 30

minutes:

At least that's one thing sorted. Tried to install the Radeon Software

again, with no luck - "AMD installer cannot continue since AMD graphics

hardware was not found". Using the DVD that came with the GPU to install

drivers was not successful either.

Thank you.

0 Likes
elstaci
MVP

Okay, I see a problem. OCCT is not showing the 5.0 VDC nor the 12 VDC from your PSU.

Edit: Found it that some Hardware monitoring programs including OCCT may not be able to read the Motherboard's sensors. Thus the 12 and 5 Vdc doesn't show up.

Click on the upper right corner on the far left square until you get this view. I am hoping it will show the 12 and 5 vdc like on mine.

Download and install the Free version of HWMonitor and see what the PSU 5.0 and 12 vdc are. Especially under heavy loads. You can probably run OCCT PSU or GPU test in Windowed view so that you can see the Outputs from the PSU while watching HWMonitor.

See if the 12 VDC is below 11.4 VDC under heavy loads.

Well glad you were able to find and solve a critical CPU installation problem. Now lets see if the PSU is your problem.

0 Likes
elstaci
MVP

Edit: Deleted comment about installing ASUS AI SUITE III. kingfish​ made a good point in mentioning about it might conflict with AMD Driver software.

Forgot that 3rd Party controlling software does at time interfere or have conflicts with AMD Driver APPs.

In that case, If HWMonitor doesn't show the PSU Outputs then try this one that many Users seems to recommend: https://www.hwinfo.com/download.php . Hopefully one of the two will show the motherboard's PSU 12 and 5 volts outputs.

kingfish
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator

AI suite and other third party controllers conflict with AMD settings and Wattman controls. It's best to uninstall it.

kingfish
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator

I use Open hardware Monitor...here's what it shows:

kingfish
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator

agoosh
Adept I

Thank you for your replies. Nothing seems to fix the card not being

detected, and I have now started to consider giving this one back and

buying a different one for the refunded money. A shop with used computer

parts near me is selling am NVIDIA GTX 1060 3GB for a bit more than this

one was, which would be a good fix for me if that would work haha. I've

spent so much time trying to fix this set up that it's beginning to really

annoy me.

Thanks

0 Likes
elstaci
MVP

Sad to hear, but I don't blame you. It probably is a defective card.

What threw me off was that you said it worked fine in another computer.

Normally you are taking a risk purchasing a Used hardware like GPU Cards. You never know what type of abuse or reasons why it was replaced the first time. But if you are on a tight budget, then buying a used hardware is the next best thing as long as you have some sort of Warranty on it. At least 30 to 90 days.

Good luck with your future GPU card.

0 Likes