cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

edmondvonersung
Adept III

AMD ReLive + World of Warcraft = BSOD / Black Screen on Alt Tab

Since months there is a chance that if i Alt Tab out of WoW if ReLive is enabled, my computer could Black screen for 10~ seconds before the driver recover and Wattman says the settings were reset due to an unexpected failure or something like that, i don't remember the message exactly, then ReLive would stop working.

More rarely it could be a Blue Screen with "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL"

If i disable ReLive i don't have any crashes anymore, so i'm using the Windows Game DVR now.

What i tried:

Disabling ReLive (Fixes the problem)

Leaving all ReLive settings to default

Disabling/closing literally EVERY background programs, then any process i could find in the Task Manager and even some services.

Changing some WoW settings

Disabling Fullscreen optimizations

Clean install the driver using AMD Cleanup Utility

Clean install the driver using DDU

Unplugging my other screens

New clean install of the driver after enabling CSM and disabling Secure Boot

Switched the BIOS Switch on my Vega 64

New Windows install on another drive

Disabling Freesync

And maybe some other things i forgot, will edit the thread once i remember.

GameDVR & Game Mode are disabled.

Infos about my system:

• AMD Graphics Card
    • Sapphire RX Vega 64 NITRO+ Limited Edition
  • Desktop or Laptop System
    • Desktop
  • Operating System
    • Windows 10 x64 (v1809)
  • Driver version installed
  • Display Devices
    • 1x ASUS MG278Q (1440p144hz Freesync) using DP
    • 1x BenQ GL2250 (1080p60hz) using HDMI
    • 1x AOC e2343f2 (1080p60hz) using HDMI
  • Motherboard + Bios Revision
    • Asus PRIME X370 Pro (BIOS VERSION 4207)
  • CPU/APU
    • AMD R7 1700
  • Power Supply Unit  Make, Model & Wattage
    • Corsair RM1000 (1000w Gold)
  • RAM
    • Corsair Vengeance LED 2x8GB (DDR4) (2933Mhz with XMP)

Video of the problem:

My other screens are going black as well when that happens.

0 Likes
3 Replies
edmondvonersung
Adept III

Update about this:

I tried to change some settings about HPET, thought it was fixed but it was unfortunately (of course) an incredible coincidence.

UPDATE 2: Did another fresh Windows install on yet another drive, i ONLY had Steam installed (To install GTA IV which is the only game i tested.) and i was STILL getting the black screens, disabling ReLive doesn't fix those 100% as the black screens still happens on some games like GTA IV when changing some graphic settings.

Really really disappointed with the drivers lately.

0 Likes
datspike
Journeyman III

Got the same problem. Driver is crashing in Rage 2 and Apex Legends if using fullscreen mode. Borderless seems fine.

Disabling Relive fixes the problem.

2 factor which I still need to test: is using aticlockpatcher is affecting the problem, is writing the isntant replay data to RAM is affecting the problem.

0 Likes
edmondvonersung
Adept III

Update 3.

This happened since a while now, but i'll share it just in case someone encounters the same problem.

So i've done some testing, swapped the Vega 64 in my other PC, same issues, tried to put in an R9 280x in my main PC, no issues at all, i tried my best to produce the black screen issues by spamming alt tab but nothing ever happened, i also tried a GTX 670, no problems.

So it was pretty obvious that the Vega 64 was defective, so i sent it back and got a replacement.

Guess what, it STILL happens.

So it's pretty clear that nothing is wrong with my computer but the Vega drivers are clearly the problem.

That means, i'm still having issues, only way for me to fix it is to upgrade, and it will probably won't be an AMD card this time...

0 Likes