cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

kulagin
Journeyman III

AMD Relive record function doesn't work in fullscreen applications

Doesn't record games in fullscreen mode. Records desktop just fine. Here's me trying to record:

When I press Ctrl+Shift+R in games in fullscreen mode, it creates empty mp4 file with 0 length and doesn't record video. When I press Ctrl+Shift+R again, it creates another .mp4 file with 0 length. It doesn't show timer in upper left corner, and doesn't say it started recording in upper right corner, like it should. Videos with length more than 0 are recordings of desktop.

I tried different games: anti-cheat protected and with no anti-cheat.

I have 20 GB left on the drive H. And more than 20 GB on every other drive on this PC. So I'm definitely not out of space.

I use 19.9.2 version of AMD Settings. Video card - R9 280X. Here's overview from AMD Settings:

Anyone know how to fix it and make it record games?

It worked in the past and suddenly stopped working few weeks ago I think.

0 Likes
1 Reply
mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

Disable Windows Game Bar. Perform driver updates using DDU in Windows Safe Mode. Also with DDU, disable driver installation with Windows Update. So AMD ReLive does not have this kind of error.
https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/amd-radeon-r9-series/amd-radeon-r9-200-series/amd-radeon-r9-... 
Also install display driver using the link above. Do not follow the driver update way with Radeon Settings update.

0 Likes