cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Highwind600
Journeyman III

AMD ReLive not recording audio

I'm trying to use ReLive to record game videos. The video records perfectly but I can't get either the mic audio or the in game audio to play when I open the video after recording. When I open the video I'm told that audio can't be played for the file because the audio coding wasn't in a supported format. I don't see any way of changing audio recording formats in the recording/streaming settings.

0 Likes
5 Replies
Highwind600
Journeyman III

It's been almost a week and I've heard nothing from AMD. I emailed their product support and was given an automated message with a customer support ticket number and zero follow up. Should I ditch this and go to OBS?

0 Likes

If you're using HEVC encoding, you need to install the audio codec. The best one I found is on the windows store. If I remember right, its VP9 Video Extensions. VLC should be able to play the audio without installing anything else, but then you have to use it for playback. 

0 Likes

Will that make the file acceptable to be submitted to video sites? I don't want to record this using a codec that then will not be able to be playable by others.

0 Likes

Also I'm using AVC not HEVC. Should I switch those?

0 Likes

I've opened a second help ticket and still have no reply from customer service except the automated "do not reply" email. I'm extremely disappointed in the customer service of this company right now.

0 Likes