cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

fujiyama-95
Challenger

AMD ReLive no audio playback on recordings while RealTek audio drivers are installed

• AMD Graphics Card
    • XFX "Fatboy" RX 590 8GB
  • Desktop or Laptop System
    • Desktop
  • Operating System
    • Windows 10 64bit
  • Driver version installed
    • Radeon Software Crimson Edition 19.2.1 ~ 2.2
  • Display Devices
    • Viewsonic 1080p VGA
    • INSIGNIGIA T.V 1360 x 768 HDMI
  • Motherboard
    • ROG STRIX X470-F GAMING
  • CPU/APU
    • RYZEN 7 2700
  • Power Supply Unit  Make, Model & Wattage
    • Thermaltake Toughpower 650W Gold
  • RAM
    • 16GB

Describe your issue:

• Provide a detailed description of the issue you are experiencing and the steps required to reproduce the issue.
    • While recording in-game replays, instant replays, and Instant GIFs no video files will have audio at all.
    • EDIT 2/25: I've found out if I uninstall my RealTek Audio driver completely, ReLive will record audio fine.
    • ROG STRIX X470-F GAMING AUDIO DRIVER Version 6.0.1.85732019/01/23 
    • ROG STRIX X470-F GAMING AUDIO DRIVER Version 6.0.1.84962018/11/14
    • ReLive cannot record audio if these audio drivers are installed, please look into this.
  • Details about applications/games affected (including version number)
    • Everything I have tried there is zero audio. Not from desktop applications, games, or windows sounds.
  • Graphical settings used in the application/game (resolution and 3D settings)
    • 1080p Maximum Graphics
17 Replies

Speaker system or through the tv, is 'Sounds' playback config correct ?

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

I use a HyperX Cloud headset and the T.V is only for a side monitor, I do not use it as an audio playback device. I can ensure you this is not a setting in ReLive or Playback or Recording devices issue. I've found out if the audio driver is installed then ReLive recordings there is zero audio in the video but, as soon as I uninstalled the Realtek audio driver and rebooted and did a recording the audio was there.

0 Likes

I've found out the issue, I did a clean uninstall of the GPU driver and AMD audio bus and when I went to install the driver again, this time I didn't install the HDMI audio driver, now ReLive works flawlessly. HDMI Audio driver was the culprit.

0 Likes

You can report it to AMD > Online Service Request | AMD 

0 Likes
vidko
Adept II

Hello fujiyama-95, could you please post step by step instructions? I tried it, but it still doesn't work for me.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D liquid cooled, Radeon RX 6800XT liquid cooled, Crosshair VIII Dark Hero, Dominator Platinum 64GB DDR4-4000, Force MP600 Pro XT 2TB, Force MP600 2TB, UltraGear 38GN950-B
0 Likes
data
Adept I

fujiyama-95‌ have u found any solutions? Im having the same problem

0 Likes
david_trap123
Journeyman III

fujiyama-95‌ Please post a YouTube video step by step Don’t leave the rest of us hanging brother !!! ); or say a couple more details on how to do it

0 Likes

That'd be helpful anyway but I believe it's AMD's work to solve the problem. But they dont even post it as "known issues" on their update notes...

0 Likes

Hey data I just messaged you.. have you tried calling AMD

0 Likes

Nope, have you?

0 Likes
vidko
Adept II

My issue was resolved by installing latest chipset drivers for my motherboard (AMD Chipset driver V18.50.16.01) and then reinstalling the latest graphics driver (Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.3.3) as well. Now I have no more issues with no audio in Relive recordings

Ryzen 7 5800X3D liquid cooled, Radeon RX 6800XT liquid cooled, Crosshair VIII Dark Hero, Dominator Platinum 64GB DDR4-4000, Force MP600 Pro XT 2TB, Force MP600 2TB, UltraGear 38GN950-B
0 Likes

Yes, and I guess "have you tried turning it on and off again?", the famous catchphrase from the series IT Crowd simply isn't funny to you, am I right? Just a wild guess.

Any solution based on rebuilding the foundation is in my opinion similar to treating issue with the window on the fifth floor by pouring new concrete and build a house from scratch. 

As far as developers go it's actually a positive thing. But to truly recode or improve on their drivers and utility software to the point it doesn't happen unless it's specifically requested, takes a bit more than the old "clean slate" that beside addressing the issue directly or empirically, risk slowing down progress. 

As a programmer myself I certainly feel more incline to code and fix issues like these if I ignore the understandable though short-term solution of having clients simply run everything vanilla until something else happens.

If not for those reasons, think of the back-log of work it could cause! 

0 Likes
exekverad
Newcomer

It's interesting, the depths I go to and the detailed information, both descriptive and raw data combined with years of experience and I don't get a single response on this topic. What's up with that? 

If you want to additional data, like the post I mentioned, head over here:
https://community.amd.com/thread/240331

0 Likes

The responses you get on this forum are from people who have experienced the same issue as you posted. Being a user to user help forum, that's to be expected. If no one has that problem, generally you get no responses or people suggesting things you might try.

However, as posted early on in this discussion, if you want AMD to hear of your issue you have to report it to them. One or two reports is not going to get them excited, multiple reports (from different people) do. The issue must be reproducible. I suggest you give the report link to all who have the problem.

Online Service Request | AMD 

0 Likes
pauli_pierre
Journeyman III

Still having massive issues with this. There is no option to manually deselect the HDMI audio when I install the driver. I don’t know what else to do!

0 Likes
exekverad
Newcomer

I solved this 6 months, or so, ago.

Anyone still not figuring it out I will make a tutorial video if I get enough requests.

PM your request and explain the problem related to this topic if you want me to, I haven't gotten any requests and I've successfully circumvented this for a long time. Also, it works just fine with virtualization enabled in Windows 10 build 2004 which is what you should run if you're using Windows anyway.

I have a youtube channel already and used to doing videos so if I get 5+ requests I am making it. 

I couldnt pm you. Can you tell us how can we fix this problem? I tried almost everything but still no audio at Gameplay-Desktop

CPU: Ryzen 3700x 4.3 OC / MB: Asus X-570 E Rog Strix / GPU: XFX 6800 XT FE 2600mhz UV / DRAM: F4-3600C16D-16GTZN (OC 3800-16-16-16-32-50 1.40v) / Monitor: Samsung C27HG70 / CASE: Inwin 303 Mid / Headset: Steel Series Siberia 650 7.1
0 Likes