cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

zimm
Adept I

AMD ReLive never works. Overlay doesn't either.

Describe your system:

• AMD Graphics Card
    • MSI Gaming X 4G RX 480
  • Desktop or Laptop System
    • Desktop System
  • Operating System
    • Windows 10 64-bit (Build 17134)
  • Driver version installed
    • Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.8.2
  • Display Devices
    • Alienware 25 Gaming Monitor - AW2518hf 1920x1080 @240Hz HDMI Connection
    • HP Pavilion 23bw 1920x1080 @60Hz HDMI Connection
  • Motherboard + Bios Revision
    • Gigabyte Gaming 6 Z170 Rev 1.1 (BIOS Version 23f)
  • CPU/APU
    • Intel i5 6600k OC 4.2 GHz Stable
  • Power Supply Unit  Make, Model & Wattage
    • EVGA Supernova G2 550W Gold
  • RAM
    • G.SKILL TridentZ 16GB (2x8) 3200MHz XMP

Describe your issue:

When I first bought my graphics card, I was able to use ReLive to record any game on for my desktop. However, since the latest drivers (not just the most recent, but since about 18.xx.xx) I've never been able to record anything. Not to mention whenever I try to open the Radeon Overlay to look at performance numbers the bind also doesn't work. I would really like any suggestions anyone has as I have been trying to get this resolved for months with DDU and a clean install, AMD's Driver Utility and even sent back my old card in exchange for the same one but refurbished (although that was for other reasons, yet it still won't work on this one). If you have anything you could share I would be more than happy to listen and see what can be done. Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution
atlasminor
Challenger

You can get it to work, its just going to take a few admin tweaks.

(This goes for any software installing on Win10 that is legacy / not working properly)

You need to open your Task Manager and set the 3 following process's to Run as Admin ALL USERS

atieclxx.exe

atieclxx.exe

RadeonSettings.exe

Please Note : Reboot any other rebots will require you to say Yes when logging in to Run Radeon

This also should solve any OC issues as well and solve any CrossFire issues too.

Glad to pass this indfo along, people just not getting the fact Win10 has blocked until allowed any software that isn't WinLogo Certified.

Please try this method and perform it on any other Services,details or Process associated with Redon ReLive, your overlay may have a separate process / service attached to it, Look for it before giving up , its got to be in there somewere

View solution in original post

8 Replies
noodles59
Miniboss

Performance Overlay never worked for me (FX8320/win10) but AMD's Recording/Screenshot usually works okay for me (RX570) even it sometimes needs a reboot to get it working again. This is the typical AMD 3/4 quality/readiness and that's why I never buy high-end GPUs.

0 Likes

What I'm saying, though, is that I can't even record. Nothing that has to do with ReLive works on my system, no matter what I try.

0 Likes

I understand very well what you are saying but sometimes it helps to get a more recent GPU - now you understood what I was saying?

0 Likes

I understand what you're saying completely, the only problem being this card just turned 2 years old last June so they wouldn't drop something like drivers that early right? Occasionally AMD will show performance gains on RX4xx cards in driver notes on updates.

0 Likes
atlasminor
Challenger

You can get it to work, its just going to take a few admin tweaks.

(This goes for any software installing on Win10 that is legacy / not working properly)

You need to open your Task Manager and set the 3 following process's to Run as Admin ALL USERS

atieclxx.exe

atieclxx.exe

RadeonSettings.exe

Please Note : Reboot any other rebots will require you to say Yes when logging in to Run Radeon

This also should solve any OC issues as well and solve any CrossFire issues too.

Glad to pass this indfo along, people just not getting the fact Win10 has blocked until allowed any software that isn't WinLogo Certified.

Please try this method and perform it on any other Services,details or Process associated with Redon ReLive, your overlay may have a separate process / service attached to it, Look for it before giving up , its got to be in there somewere

I set 7 Processes in total to run as administrator on all users:

• atieclxx.exe
  • atiesrxx.exe
  • AUEPDU.exe
  • AUEPLauncher.exe
  • AUEPMaster.exe
  • AUEPUC.exe
  • RadeonSettings.exe

I tried turning off ReLive before rebooting my computer but still to no avail.

I appreciate you trying to help, it really does mean a lot

0 Likes

NP,

What it could possibly be, VB has bugged. SEe if you cant check to see if any VisualBasic Redist. have installed in the past or recently, I currently had to Re-Download Win10 recently to get the newer past 4 updates to be included in the reinstall than 2 more new Sept. updates Cumilatives downloaded.

They changed Win10 again with a few more new Video Features.

Im not suggesting reinstall, just suggesting taking a look at your Added VisBasic packages and see I didn't bug out or overwrite older ontop of newer, which has been the case since 1803. MS says it is now fixed, that's with salt of gain

Salt now that's a good topic.

0 Likes
zimm
Adept I

UPDATE:

Decided to restart my PC as a hail mary, but this time I gave the computer time to open Radeon Settings before hitting "yes" to run Radeon Settings as admin.

Confirmed this did work, thank you so much atlasminor​ for the help, it worked!