cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

ritchie
Adept I

AMD ReLive interfering with Ctrl + Shift + [letter] shortcuts in other apps

I was having issues with my Visual Studio and Notepad++ because a commonly used shortcut stopped working. Ctrl+Shift+L is a delete line shortcut. ReLive doesn't use this exact shortcut but it seems to capture and block the shortcut from passing to other apps - even when ReLive is disabled/turned off (but still installed).

ReLive Settings.PNG

I raised this issue with Microsoft thinking it was an issue with VS2017

If you disable the 2 ReLive background processes: AMD ReLive: Desktop Overlay and AMD ReLive: Host Application - in that order otherwise they restart

processes.PNG

As soon as that is done, Ctrl+Shift+L will work again.

Please fix, otherwise ReLive will have to be uninstalled.

1 Solution

Hi,

Since my original post I actually found out how to disable the shortcut but didn't post anything here because there was little interest in this issue (apart from one unhelpful reply ). However, you seem to be genuinely just as annoyed as I was, so hope this helps.

You need to go to Gaming > Global Settings > Performance Monitoring > Toggle Performance Logging Hotkey

You will see this is bound to Ctrl + Shift + L (so the shortcut is used - just buried).

To remove the shortcut (not an obvious process at all!) you need to click the Toggle Performance Logging Hotkey button, it will then ask to enter your hotkey, you then press delete - that is Del (not backspace, not esc or anything else - the Del key).

ReLive Removed Hotkey.PNG

Congratulations, you now have now removed that annoying shortcut and can use ReLive if you so wish.

God knows what I've ended up logging because of this hotkey.

View solution in original post

25 Replies