cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

triviq
Adept I

AMD Relive doesn't capture audio or has the audio delayed

For the past month or so, AMD Relive has been extremely buggy and annoying. It never captures the audio correctly. It either doesn't capture the audio at all, or it captures the audio but it always seems to be drastically delayed. I've restarted my PC, restarted Radeon Settings, updated drivers, but nothing has worked. I've been trying to capture some really funny moments, but AMD Relive has just been screwing everything up.

Thanks for the support.

0 Likes
2 Replies
benchart
Adept III

Hi Triviq.
As an youtuber I have faced this issues multiple times, sometimes do still happen, but not to the same extent.
Not sure if this will help you, but for me reducing the audio quality to 16 bit 44khz (Dvd studio quality) did helped me out.
I was concerned that I would notice the downgrade on the audio, but fortunaly I was unable to notice.
If you are a windows 10 user:

1. Go to Control Panel

2. Sound

3. Speakers, select your speakers and go to it's properties

1.JPG

4. Advanced tab and on default format, select 16 bit, 48000hz (DVD Quality)

2.JPG

5. Restart the PC and try out.

It worked for me, but that means nothing.
PS: People also say that you can use 24 bit, as long as it is set to 48000hz you should be ok.
Cheers

disi
Adept III

For the delayed audio, I record to my Western Digital drive and it spins down rather quickly.

If the drive is spinned down (in sleep mode) and I start the recording, then ReLive does say it is recording and I can play on etc. Watching the video afterwards, the audio track is off-sync after some garbage at the start of the video.

I usually record a few seconds or a minute then stop recording and start it again for real this time. The drive is then up and audio will be fine.

But since Adrenaline, I had it a few times where no audio track is produced at all (no game sounds or microphone). I uninstalled a virtual audio cable driver since and it seems to have fixed the problem.

I have 24bit 48000Hz, default on my system and never had issues, except for the above.

0 Likes