cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

0v3rkill
Adept III

AMD Relive Audio Crackling

I don't know what this is but Ive never had this. I can play the game smooth like hell while recording. Is when I play it back that I see the way it recorded. I've tried different HDD's and it always records this way so I know it's not the HDD that's broken. I have a rysen 5 3600x with an MSI Gaming plus x570 mobo, 16GB 3200Hz of corsair ram, a 590 black edition video card and a corsair 1000w psu platinum. I use a BenQ with 144hz at 1920 x 1080p. It's a new system. Everything runs smooth. The problem is only recording with relive. What's going on?

AMD Relive Problems on Vimeo 

1 Solution
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

Please try updating to 20.4.1. and let me know if your issue is resolved.  www.amd.com/drivers.

View solution in original post

52 Replies
mickeekung
Challenger

What AMD version are you using? 20.2.1 or 20.2.2?

0 Likes

0 Likes
instant_win
Adept III

partial solution is to enable separate microphone track. it works most of the time but some clips may still come out with crackling

0 Likes

even tho you are not using mics? I'll try

0 Likes

it doesnt matter if mic is used. just flip the toggle

0 Likes
0v3rkill
Adept III

I actually thought I found the fix. But, I still have the problem no matter what I do in the relive options. I have ran out of things  to do to the PC. I even updated the BIOS. This PC is new, it  runs like butter, so I'm prety sure it has to do with the relive drivers or software. But, I am going to drop my dxdiag of this pc in here. I hope amd finds something.

0 Likes
0v3rkill
Adept III

I was in youtube right now  and it is unreal the amount of people that have this problem with this new last patches in 2020. I tried recording with the other PC's in my house and I got the same problem. So, Im just gonna wait for AMD to fix this or use something else to record my gameplay.

0 Likes

Hi. You have trouble with sound? Respect 

0 Likes
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

Please could you provide the following information about your system as i am looking into this issue?

INFORMATION REQUIRED WHEN POSTING A QUESTION 

Describe your system:

• AMD Graphics Card
    • MSI RX580 Gaming X
  • Desktop or Laptop System
    • Desktop
  • Operating System
    • Windows 10 64bit 1909
  • Driver version installed
  • Display Devices
    • Tv Sharp LC32LE700E @59.94 via HDMI
  • Motherboard + Bios Revision
    • Asus Z170K Bios Version 3805
  • CPU/APU
    • i5 6600K
  • Power Supply Unit  Make, Model & Wattage
    • 650W
  • RAM
    • 16GB

Intel Core i5 6600K @ 4502.21 MHz - CPU-Z VALIDATOR 

Describe your issue:

• Audio stutter and crackling in relive recordings
  • Details about applications/games affected (including version number) - Hunt Showdown, AC Unity, AC Syndicate, Kingdom Come Deliverance, latest versions in their respective stores
  • Graphical settings used in the application/game (resolution and 3D settings) - default out of the box or any modified, it does not matter

adding R6 Siege to the list, issue occurs also with separate mic track enabled

I did. I attached a DXDiag on my last post and I  linked a video  to my first post so you see what the problem looks like

0 Likes
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

Please can you provide a screenshot or details of the ReLive encoder settings you are using so that we can copy them?

0 Likes

123.PNG

drive E is a usb 2.0 Western Digital which often spins up from sleep when recording starts

0 Likes

What happens if you save to the same drive as what the OS is on? Does that have any effect on the audio quality?

0 Likes

I just tested it on system C drive which is ssd. its the same

this is my setting and has always been like that since the start of relive. never had a problem till now.my settings.jpg

0 Likes

Are you saving your video files to a different drive than what your OS is on? Just trying to make sure that if this is the case we test this configuration otherwise we might not reproduce the issue. 

0 Likes

yeah in a different HDD 1TB Seagate barracuda. those are the best for recording. All my three PC's have same settings. Mine, my daughter's and wife. But, I can tell you that I already tested recording in the same SSD where the OS is installed on C drive and it did the same thing. Cause I was thinking maybe it's the HDD dying but nope. It did it in all the HDD I have installed which are 3HDD barracudas and one SSD Adata for windows only. All my other hardwar is listed in my first post in case you need more help. I also attached a dxdiag.

rainingtacco
Challenger

Do you use any other overlays while recording? Like MSI Afterburner?

0 Likes

steam is my only overlay. I dont use afterburner. My only startup programs I run behind are logitech G hub for my kayboard/mouse colors, iCUE from corsair to control my h100i, radeon software and windows security like I've always had for years with all my systems and I've never had any problems. But, I tested this as soon as I installed my windows 10 brand new with nothing but the game and radeon installed and still did it.

0 Likes

Ok it might be a problem with latency. Run whysoslow program[analyze option] and latencymon. 

0 Likes

like I said it is NOT the pc running slow. the pc runs smooth as hell even when I record. There is zero drop in performance when I start recording. It's when I play back the video that I find this choppiness and stuttering problems.

I also want to make clear that this problem does not happen thru the entire video. It is not constant at all. It happens in intervals that are not the same in distance. Just random moments at least for me. That might be why amd team hasn't been able to recreate it cause they might think the problem shows up all over the audio and it doesn't. It's at random intervals which is annoying cause it ruins any video your trying to make.

Ive encountered this bug, and thought it was a culprit of msi afterburner, then i had some latency issues. But yes it was intermittent. So maybe it is indeed an AMD problem, or some combination of settings. You can try to enable/disable dfifferent graphic settings one-by-one and check again?

0 Likes

my fight is over, cause I have nothing else left to do other than wait for new drivers. I already tried every single thing from tweaking the radeon software to reinstalling windows 10 and trying from having zero programs on, to having it how I have it at this point. Also I have three PC's, mine, my daughter's and my wife's and we all have different hardware and we do have the same problem. We all started having it two amd driver versions back. Can't remember when exactly it all started. But, we've been using AMD exclusively since our first Radeon 4870 x2. Our last nvidia card was the 8800 ultra. After that we went all amd and never looked back. I have never had any problems ever until now.

0 Likes

a guy replied to one of my videos mentioning that using a driver from December 2019 eliminates the issue. I may give it a try, pretty darn problematic creating content with this software at the moment. I'll be posting a video on a game called "lil' sherman" tomorrow (monday). Suffice it to say that the audio editing I had to do for that was no joke. Literally doubled my editing time - absurd

NoDak

I will try this and keep it if it's fixed and I am sure it will be fixed. Cause I remember not having this. Only problem is that windows 10 will update your drivers by force eventually. AMD needs to see what is different between the new driver from the driver in 2019 December. I believe it is 19.12.1. Especially what is different in the Relive section

0 Likes

same issue for me on almost every game at the moment. I do youtube content so I've been able to eliminate much of it from the videos. Here is the info:

Describe your system:

AMD Radeon RX5700XT, 

Desktop or Laptop System
desktop

Operating System
Windows 10 Pro 64bit

Driver version installed

Display Devices
Acer model EB321HQ - HDMI adapter

Motherboard + Bios Revision
MSI, MS-7B86 (bios revision 2.8)

CPU/APU
AMD Ryzen 7 2700X Eight-Core

Power Supply Unit Make, Model & Wattage
Suffice it to say that its not a power supply issue (i'm not going to take the panel off my case right now) - the power supply is more than sufficient for this build. The people who are wanting to make videos with your software often have pretty beefy gaming rigs. 

RAM
32GB

Describe your issue:

recording game play with no additional microphone or anything like that for youtube content and getting audio crackling/tearing on the recording. I use a separate laptop for recording voice - so no additional demands on system for voice or editing content. No overlays, nothing like that. Simply trying to record gameplay. 

Details about applications/games affected (including version number):

in the last two weeks this has happened with: warthunder, Mr. Fast, AER Memories of Old, Nexoria, Tex-Mechs, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, Mini Ninjas, Blood Bowl 2, Technobabylon, Dex, and lil' Sherman. 

Graphical settings used in the application/game (resolution and 3D settings)

maximum on all of these, many of them aren't graphically intensive - its not an issue with resolution or 3d settings (no 3d involved at all)

resolultion: in-game

recording FPS: 60

video encoding type: AVC

video bit rate: 30mb/s

audio bit rate: 160 (I've also tried all of these at 320 to no avail)

audio channels stereo

no recording of microphone

If possible, include a screenshot or video link of the issue

I've edited most of my videos or just scrapped the projects for now. However you can hear the issue on the background music of my Mr. Fast video at this timestamp: NEG Quick Look: Mr. Fast - YouTube (4:39-5:10)

also, currently uploading a video that shows it pretty clearly here (sound crackling - YouTube ) it is literally uploading as I type this, so it may not be up for 30 minutes or so. You'll be able to clearly hear the crackling beginning at 7:17.

also, i've tried saving to both an external SSD and my internal - no changes, FYI

yup, I saw your video and that is exactly what we are dealing with. Whats annoying is that it doesnt happen all the time. its just in some spots. But, often enough to ruin any video.

Dam, I havent uploaded anything to youtube since like 2 months or more, cause of this. I dont monetize my videos. But, it is a lot of fun to upload videos. Some people like to look at photo albums of the family. I like to look at my family gaming.

Gamer Family

0v3rkill
Adept III

I also want to add and this might be related to the problem. Today I recorded with the camera on top of our video and the camera video lagged like hell. What happened AMD? Not only the audio is bad but the camera lags and captures at very low fps. I dont get it. This never happened before. I use a 920 logitech camera. I remember recording many times with it and it never ever lagged. Things are really bad with this new version of adrenalin or how ever this amd software is called or spelled.

0 Likes

I assume everyone has sent a issue report to AMD?

https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form 

0 Likes

to be honest I haven't. But, I will as soon as I am done replying here.

0 Likes
mayr
Adept I

having the same problems as of the more recent drivers. think I'll rollback to older ones for now and hope for the best (had 19.12.2 for the longest time I think)

gonna use the report function under preference tab on the radeon software

I download it the 19.12.1. you think I should do 19.12.2 or 19.12.4? well let me know if problem went away for you. The thing is that widnows OS might force an update to your drivers. You know how windows 10 is with updates. let me know

0 Likes

got myself the 19.12.2 and took a quick tour in csgo and pubg, instant replay worked pretty much perfect there. w10 shouldnt force you to update, try looking into your update settings so it only gives you updates for the OS itself

I will try this today. Thanks.

0 Likes

best of luck

Just to let you know and the others having this problem I installed 19.12.1 and it runs smooth like the new one but not only that the problem is gone 100%. Again I have a XFX 590 Fatboy black edition with 19.12.1 drivers. I don't know why they change the look of the amd software. I liked it how simple to understand it was. The new one is not easy to understand at all. They need to revert back to that look. At least I won't change that driver until I see them addressing this problem. So every time there's a new driver I am going to read the release notes first. Later everyone and good luck. Let me know how it goes for you guys.

I ended up rolling back to 19.12.1 and it seems to be working (only about 30 min of testing so far but no tearing)

Fingers crossed they get this figured out - I don't mind using old drivers as a work around, but I shouldn't have to for what I spent on the RX 5700 xt thicc III. none of us should have to be finding fixes to problems the updates created - such is the life of a computer user these days

NoDak