cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

zygarte
Journeyman III

AMD RELIVE 18.2.2 whql black screen after install, how can it fix?

I'm using a lenovo c40-5 with amd A8 and r5 m230, AMD chipset driver (october), the only driver version that can work is 17.4.4.

I tried to install every later version, none worked, then I install 18.12.2 (latest recommended version), after that installing, the screen goes black and I cannot use the pc. Audio, keyboard, and off button works.

If I turn off pc, then I turn on it, the screen goes black with a rainbow line at the center on the screen after boot, nothing works except off button.

I had to force disable principal module for getting a chance to uninstall that version, then install an old 17.4.4 version ... it works.

I think that new features like freesync or overclocking default would be the bug,

why did happen this?, how can I fix?

0 Likes
11 Replies

You need to supply the exact version of your APU....A8 is not enough.

Chances are that computer uses Mobility graphics...but again need to know the exact model number. Here is what Google finds and I don't think it is the same as yours > Lenovo C40-05 - all-in-one - A4 6210 1.8 GHz - 4 GB - 500 GB - LED 21.5" Overview - CNET

INFORMATION REQUIRED WHEN POSTING A QUESTION

AMD A8-6410 APU (4 CPUs 2.0 Ghz) with R5 radeon graphics, R5 M230

1 TB, 8 GB RAM, led 21.5". lenovo all in one C40-05

Latest working driver 17.4.4, may 3

Any way for installing the 18.12.2 version whql will result on black screen, if I do a reboot, black screen after lenovo logo.

0 Likes

Yes...your computer has a Mobility (laptop) APU. These would be the correct drivers > A8-6410 with Radeon™ R5 Graphics Drivers & Support | AMD

You must be completely disconnected from the internet while uninstalling and installing the AMD driver. Download the correct driver and DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller Download version 18.0.0.5 ) ...then disconnect from the internet. Do not reconnect until you have finished and rebooted your computer.

You must also take the necessary steps to prevent Microsoft from changing/installing different drivers automatically using one of the methods outlined at Windows ten forum..the link to which is here > Clean Install AMD Graphics Drivers

that driver was installed, black screen

0 Likes

"You must be completely disconnected from the internet while uninstalling and installing the AMD driver. Download the correct driver and DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller Download version 18.0.0.5 ) ...then disconnect from the internet. Do not reconnect until you have finished and rebooted your computer.

You must also take the necessary steps to prevent Microsoft from changing/installing different drivers automatically using one of the methods outlined at Windows ten forum..the link to which is here > Clean Install AMD Graphics Drivers"

0 Likes

already tried by that way

0 Likes

A lot of tries later, the installation was sucessful, but I have these issues, the first one, stuttering display (mouse lag), the second one, if I have turn off the pc, then, when i turn on it black screen with some lines, nothing happens, the only feature that is working, off button.

Since the adding new features from relive version, I could not upgrade driver

0 Likes

ReLive is not supported on laptops/Mobility graphics.

0 Likes

then, where can I get the driver without relive?, because, my pc is a desktop all in one, but its hardware is like a laptop

0 Likes

The driver got by submit button is the generic relive driver, the same as Radeon™ Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition Release Notes | AMD

0 Likes