Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

AristonPost
Journeyman III

AMD RAID (NVMe) & RAIDXpert2 Issues

Hi all,

I'm running a Gigabyte Aorus X570 Master (Rev 1.1) with an 3950X CPU and Windows 11. I've got a M.2 NVMe for the OS and 4 U.2 NVMe devices for data. The latter ones I configured via BIOS RAIDXpert2 as RAID-10. The array is configured well, devices show up in BIOS and the array is in ready state.

However, in Windows I just see those 4 devices under "Disk Drives" in the device manager. Under "Storage controllers" there are 2 AMD-RAID Bottom Devices and two AMD-RAID Controller.

Screenshot 2022-10-05 190739.png

According to the documentation I went with the NON-DID driver and the version installed is 9.3.0.00296. When I run the RAIDXpert2 App, no devices are found. The App only recognized 2 controllers.

Screenshot 2022-10-05 190917.png

Does someone have an idea how to proceed to get the array disk up and running?

0 Likes
4 Replies
AristonPost
Journeyman III

Today I found at the BIOS RAIDXpert2 that the 4 NVME devices are not connected to one of the AMD-RAID controllers but instead have a single controller ID for each. Unfortunately I did not find a way to assign the devices to the AMD-RAID controller. 

0 Likes
Scortch07
Journeyman III

I'm having the exact same issue with this. I have 8 NVMe drives that are not showing up in RAIDXpert2 but I can see them in the bios. I have the raid drivers up to date and the correct bios confiuration per the AMD raid usr guide. I can't figure out what needs to happen for them to work. 

0 Likes

I was able to get the Sofware to register the raids but the SATA drives are configured but the NVME drives are not showing up. NVME raid is active. 

0 Likes

Hi,

Same issue here an a Threadripper system.

NVME RAID in the BIOS is ok, but it won't show up in Windows, NVME drives just appear as regular drives 

NVME Drives are hooked up to a HBA card

0 Likes