Adept I

AMD Raid Driver Incompatible with Windows 10 insider builds 19h21 and 20h21

GPU: Asus 1080ti Turbo

CPU: Ryzen 7 2700x

Motherboard: ASUS CROSSHAIR VII HERO

RAM: 32GB

Windows 10 Professional

Raid Driver: 9.2.0.87

Microsoft have advised the current AMD raid driver 9.2.0.87 is incompatible with the new Windows 10 builds 19h21 and 20h21, i have tested this myself and of the 3 drivers to be loaded the bottom, storport and config, the bottom driver loads without issue, however the storport driver will not load. When a PC already running with the AMD raid devices attempts to upgrade it will not complete the upgrade. I have tried this on both builds myself with a clean install and an in place upgrade and can confirm these issues. Microsoft have advised AMD will need to fix the driver to ensure its compatibility

AMD Raid Driver won't work in 19h1 and 20h1 ( 18845/50 )  

1 Solution
waplord
Adept I

Updated drivers have been released 9.2.0.105 and i can confirm they are working great with 19h21 and 20h21

View solution in original post

11 Replies
jbmerrill
Adept I

Hello,

I have this exact same problem with an x399 chipset and have opened support tickets to no avail.

0 Likes
waplord
Adept I

Im still waiting on some action from AMD too, this is going to become a major issue soon as 19h21 is already in release candidate and goes live soon

0 Likes

Here is the reply from AMD tech support on this issue.   I hope it is O.K. to post this:

Thank you for contacting AMD.

Regarding the estimate release for the new Raid Drivers, we checked the information with our team, as requested.

Since the latest official release for Windows 10 is version 1809 build 17763, and version 1903 build 18334 is currently available only as a preview build format, there are no new Raid drivers for the X399 socket other than the version 9.2.0.87.

Unfortunately, we don't have an official estimate for the new Raid drivers to be released, although it is most likely to be updated soon, briefly after the new Windows version release, giving that it would also have issues with those drivers.

We recommend using Windows 10 version 1809 for now so you can have access to the Raid drivers available in our website.

For further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Best regards,

Evellyn

AMD Global Customer Care

THe AMD Raid drivers are compatible with the latest official Windows 10 1809 build. If you are using insider builds, then you may experience this issue. 

waplord
Adept I

Updated drivers have been released 9.2.0.105 and i can confirm they are working great with 19h21 and 20h21

poloasis
Journeyman III

AMD RAID drivers v9.2.0.105 is not compatible with Windows 10 build 18362.53

0 Likes
ezh
Journeyman III

1903 is officially out, but cannot upgrade since (newest 9.2.0.105 installed):

pastedImage_1.png

0 Likes
ezh
Journeyman III

0 Likes
ezh
Journeyman III

Workaround: To resolve this issue, download the latest AMD RAID drivers directly from AMD at https://www.amd.com/en/support/chipsets/amd-socket-tr4/x399. The drivers must be version 9.2.0.105 or later.

I DO HAVE 9.2.0.105 installed and still not able to upgrade.

0 Likes

I'm also in the same situation.  Updated to latest AMD RAID drivers, still no luck getting the Windows update to install.

There are new driver version 9.2.0.120 available. With it I could upgrade to Win 10 1903.

BTW I had to install the drivers manually for both devices, the AMD installer did not updated anything for some reason.

0 Likes