Tuf x570 plus
AMD Ryzen 5 5600G with Radeon Graphics 4.20 GHz
64 Gig Ram Corsair Vengeance 4x16
Flashed bios to current
Windows 10 x64
Current AMD Adrenalin Software just released in July. (The following happens also with an earlier install as well)
This build has been driving me nuts with the video driver! I hope there is help for the issues I'm having.
* The computer boots but the drivers for AMD aren't recognized and the screen is in a corrupted mode that is highly saturated and barely readable.
* Started the software for Radon Adrenalin with the normal screen blinking as expected. Half way through the install the screen flickers to a normal clear display. But then flashes off and back on to the corrupted display with a complete install and reboot message.
* So reboot- Again the issue of the driver not working with a corrupted screen.
* Device manager shows the adaptor with the AMD graphics listed.
* At start menu and click on the Adrenaline Software- it acts like it wants to start but then nothing happens.
* IF the Adrenaline Software is initiated by right click and Run as Admin.. I get the "Do you want this app to make changes" clicking yes it just blinks the screen with no resolving of the driver issue.
* When in Device manager I delete the adapter amd Radon and do a hardware change. The AMD pops up with out changing over the screen to a normal display. Tried update driver.. and uninstall with a reinstall of driver.
* Also if I just delete the AMD Radon adaptor windows goes to its driver and the screen is now readable.
I have found a work around but I want to get this fixed so I can utilize the integrated graphics and software
The work around:
* update driver- chose from list - which shows the amd Radon driver and Windows Basic Display Driver. If I choose and initiate the Windows Basic Driver the screen is now in a normal mode and it will boot up from Windows with the Basic driver with no issues.
I've ticked through all the uninstall/reinstall with the software fixes and so far end up with the same exact issue of the screen being corrupted. It always plays out the same with the AMD driver.
Is there any hope??
Thanks in advance...
Try taking out 2 Ram modules and try again.. Then test each module, could just be one module going bad..
Hi Vialli100, Thanks for your input...
Yup.. Did all that.. One stick at a time.. (Proper slots and order) Switched out all the ram with new sticks as well.
Pulled the plug on all the peripherals and even installed a new fresg hard drive.
Since the only time there is an issue it happens with the AMD driver but doesn't have display issues with the Windows Basic Display Driver.
I am using the integrated graphics. The CPU is from an older build and the chip/driver/software works when in the Gigabyte board with no issues. I also installed an old video card, Geforce GT1030 with no trouble.
I should mention the PS is a Corsair RM650.
The Adrenaline Software will switch out the display driver but then it goes to a corrupted display.
Are you using the GPU on the CPU?
Maybe it is or has gone bad..
Maybe try re-installing the chipset drivers..
Are you using armoury crate, you can check your temps, PSU voltages etc..
Temps and Voltage was the first thing I checked.
I just removed all the drivers (DDU) turned off Windows automatic update for drivers. Uninstalled all software for AMD. Reinstalled. Still does as stated in first post.
I would rollback to the last stable driver you were using until 22.7.1 is considered WHQL. I think 22.5.1 is the latest stable WHQL.
I did do a clean install with driver22.3.1 and a clean with 22.5.1. No difference same old same old.
Okay, here we go...
This is a known issue, i have been dealing with it myself and all the usual tricks don't work. Uncheck "yes" under do you want windows to auto download manufacture's apps and icons, yep i did that still broken. You like me probably see a dialouge box saying "This version of AMD Adrenaline is not compatible with your currently installed drivers" well thats becuase Windows Update just overwrites your drivers you download with the Radeon Adrenaline with its own, in my case I have to use Software Version 2022.0118.0100.1808 from January 25th 2020 as those drivers are the ones windows keeps installing. There seems to be no clear cut answer out there, but you could look here https://www.windowscentral.com/how-disable-automatic-driver-updates-windows-10 for info on disabling specific windows updates. Also check out reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/ut3bbp/amd_software_keeps_saying_its_not_compatible/ there are lots of knowlegable people there discussing this.
For me, i am going to try to set all my networks as metered connections and then disallow Windows Update to run on metered connections... lol, I will have to manually update a lot but i cant even get FSR right now I want my radeon!
I hope some of that helps you, and hopefully anyone who sees this might realize this is their problem too.
Good luck Red Team
I just finished (again) rolling back drivers with ddu and no wifi or LAN as I saw something similar on the community board to what was happening with a pa-300 error. I had hope. But to no avail.
This rig was for my business where I need high power graphics to run heavy graphic arts programs. I'm pretty much done with the integrated graphics. I'll be disabling the cpu graphics and purchasing a pci Geforce RX 256-bit card. Shame that the reason I got the integrated chip was to save from getting a pricey card.
Thanks for your input Jedicharliej. I hope AMD can get this solved.