cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

toy11
Newcomer

(AMD RadeonRX 560X)

I have an Acer Nitro 5 AN515-42-R61M with AMD Ryzen ™ 5 2500U to 3.60 GHz, 15.6 ", Full HD, 8GB, 256GB SSD, AMD Radeon ™ RX 560X, and I did not find the  driver for this  video card (AMD RadeonRX 560X). Can you help me with this driver? thx

0 Likes
3 Replies

Please read > Laptop graphics update...How to

"For laptops with AMD processors/APU's:

You do not update the discrete graphics card...you update the APU. This updated driver serves both the integrated and discrete graphics. It is the only driver you install. It is important to know the integrated graphics on some APU's..."

AMD does not offer drivers for mobility/laptop drivers for your APU/or graphics. The OEM supplier (manufacturer) is responsible for them. Go to Acer support and install the driver designed for your laptop.

Download Drivers and Manuals | Acer Official Site

0 Likes

It's sad to see no official laptop drivers from AMD especially since the competition makes  drivers available from their site . If AMD were to release their laptop drivers dependency on laptop manufacturers could be reduced . Adoption of AMD mobile depends a lot on this especially since laptop gaming is  growing

vkk178
Journeyman III

Interesting news here on AMD at CES 2019: Ryzen Mobile 3000-Series Launched, 2nd Gen Mobile at 15W and 35W, and Chromebooks   .

Radeon Drivers and Software

Part of AMD's announcement also touched on a policy change in its Windows driver line-up. Starting in Q1, any laptop with a Ryzen Mobile CPU that uses integrated graphics will be supported direct from AMD with a single driver package to cover all devices. This will, according to AMD, enable them with Day 0 driver support for the latest game titles and updates, as well as simplify the  process between AMD, OEMs, and end users. This proved to be an especially rough point of friction with gamers and other power users on the first-generation parts, so it's a significant improvement in how AMD is going about driver support.

Does this mean we can download drivers directly from AMD for Acer Nitro 5 AN515-42 in the near future ? That will be great news .

0 Likes