cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

acoop81
Journeyman III

amd radeon vega 8 mobile graphics drivers

i just purchased a new samsung np550xta laptop and i need to update my graphics drivers in order to game online with it. i've searched everywhere - the samsung website doesn't even list this laptop model, and i can't find drivers on the amd website for the amd radeon vega 8 mobile graphics drivers. i am at a loss...

0 Likes
4 Replies

You don't look for a update for the Vega8 graphics...you look for a update for the Ryzen 5 2500U (Mobile) w/Vega 8 graphics. There are none available on the AMD site..it's too new and the laptop manufacturer is the place to go. You probably have the most current driver...contact Samsung support > Support | Samsung US

0 Likes
fideriks1910
Journeyman III

I dont know either I have a dell inspiron 5575 Notebook with the ryzen 5 2500u but the vega 8 graphics driver is like 3 months,I cant find the driver support on AMDs WEBSITE or on sells driver support,why the aren't updates here by now,this isn't nice on amds part

0 Likes

It's been posted several times...Mobility Ryzen APU's w/Vega are OEM only. That means your manufacturer has customized the package to optimize the laptop performance and features. They are responsible for the updates. Why don't you ask them?

Recommendation:

AMD recommends using the graphics drivers provided by your notebook's manufacturer as the manufacturer may customize the drivers to support the built-in display and the features and functions specific to the notebook. Customized graphics drivers are available for download from most notebook manufacturer's web site.

If the current operating system is not the version originally installed on the notebook it may not meet all requirements and compatible graphics drivers may not be available. Please refer to the notebook manufacturer for supported operating systems and drivers.

AMD Mobility Radeon™ Graphics Driver:

AMD provides a reference for AMD Mobility Radeon graphics drivers with limited support for notebook specific features and functions. This is not intended to be used as a replacement for the notebook manufacturer's driver.

0 Likes