Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

INeedSomeHelp
Journeyman III

AMD Radeon(TM) Graphics not working

Hello all, 

Since two days ago I have a problem with AMD Radeon Graphics. On that day, i closed my laptop lid as on any other day, but the next time i opened it, i saw that it had to start my laptop up again (meaning that it shut itself off when it should've gone into sleep-mode). Suddenly, i couldn't place my laptop into sleep-mode, and if i closed the lid, it shut itself down completely.

I also found that i couldn't use the brightness settings anymore, not through my hardware keys and not through the notification-centre in windows, because the slider there is missing. I looked for guidance on the internet, and it suggested that it was probably a driver issue; it could also be a problem with the hardware itself, but seen as this laptop is a brand new one and i have been very careful in handling it, i don't believe that is the likely option.

Since it happened, i also noticed that everyday tasks became increasingly slow. For example, with watching videos on YouTube, the videos became pretty choppy; with using Microsoft Office applications such as Word and Powerpoint, they became incredibly slow to react to my actions.

I have since installed the newest drivers from the AMD website as well as their automatic software that should keep the drivers up to date multiple times, and I have even freshly installed windows, but to no avail: the problems persist. I have put screenshots below to make it -hopefully- a bit clearer. Forgive me if the formatting of this post is awful, i'm new here. If anyone could help or suggest things i could do, i'd be super grateful; i'm at my wits end.

Warning of malfunction in the Device ManagerWarning of malfunction in the Device Manager
^ I opened the Device Manager and it detected a problem with AMD Radeon(TM) Graphics

Generic error-code 43, meaning that the device is not functioning properly and has been disabledGeneric error-code 43, meaning that the device is not functioning properly and has been disabled

^ I looked at the details and it gives a generic code 43 error, meaning that the device is indeed not properly functioning. It is suggested  that it is to do with the drivers.

Further testament to the device not working properlyFurther testament to the device not working properly

^ Confirmation that the device isn't working as it should

Windows saying that the latest drivers it could find are already installedWindows saying that the latest drivers it could find are already installed

^ According to the Windows update manager, i have the latest drivers (it could find) installed. I have also downloaded the drivers from the AMD website

No brightness-slider in the notification centreNo brightness-slider in the notification centre

^ In the notification-centre in windows, the brightness-slider (which should be on the bottom) is missing completely

The option to let the device go into sleep-mode is missingThe option to let the device go into sleep-mode is missing

^ The option to set my laptop to slumber/sleep-mode, is missing

No additional options for putting the pc/laptop in sleep-modeNo additional options for putting the pc/laptop in sleep-mode

^ The sleep-mode options in the windows settings are missing

The option to activate the battery saving is greyed outThe option to activate the battery saving is greyed out

^ The option to activate Battery Saving, has been greyed-out and inaccessible

0 Likes
1 Solution
INeedSomeHelp
Journeyman III

I have solved the issue; it turned out (after running my HP service assistant application) that there was a BIOS option available, that didn't show up. After i installed it, my Radeon Graphics worked properly again, and my system functions have been restored.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
INeedSomeHelp
Journeyman III

I have solved the issue; it turned out (after running my HP service assistant application) that there was a BIOS option available, that didn't show up. After i installed it, my Radeon Graphics worked properly again, and my system functions have been restored.

Hello!

I have exactly the same problem, please describe the solution in more detail