cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

dopemoney81
Adept I

AMD Radeon Software

Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22489, i7-6700k, MSI Gaming X Rx480 8G, Gigabyte Z170xp, 16GB DDR4, Thermaltake 750w modular. Ever since I upgraded to Windows 11 through the dev channel back in late August, I cannot get AMD software to run correctly or at all. It will install, but not open. Tried multiple ways to troubleshoot. Nothing works. DDU, safemode, AMD cleanup utility, nothing different results when I reinstall. Any ideas what this problem could be? Not getting any errors at all. Just non-operating software after install. It wont even run in taskbar. Once I put cursor on it, disappears. Windows 11 WUD works fine, albeit with no software. I just use Afterburner for now, but I'd like to take advantage of AMD software feature set.

1 Solution

If your using a Insider OS, you have to get the drivers from WU. AMD drivers are designed for the Public Releases.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

You're using what is basically a beta build of Windows 11 and complain that stuff isn't working correctly? AMD's drivers are notoriously bad on their own, and W11 has only just recently been released, so it's no wonder that the drivers might misbehave quite a lot. It'll be several months before AMD's drivers will be of adequate performance.

On a side note, using W11 and going as far as installing Insider Previews is so yikes... you must hate software stability, I guess.

W10Pro (22H2)|Kingston A400 240G|ASRock B550 Phantom Gaming 4 (L2.71)|Ryzen 5 5600|ID-Cooling SE-225-XT Black V2|nVidia RTX 3070 FE 8Gb|XPG GAMMIX D10 [2x8GB] DDR4 3200MHz (XMP)|DeepCool PK700D
0 Likes

If your using a Insider OS, you have to get the drivers from WU. AMD drivers are designed for the Public Releases.

Thank you for a short concise answer. I did not know that.

0 Likes
Nagrenol
Challenger

Dev channel is the worst choice unless you ACTUALLY need to be in it. It even states that is has low stability / rough edges.

If you really want to stay in the program then switch to Beta Channel or Release Preview and see if it helps. I have noticed some times that the program will shut down randomly when switching menus but I see it maybe twice a week and nothing major. Im in the beta channel

0 Likes