Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

tierwelder
Adept I

AMD Radeon Software will not work

Jump to solution

AMD Radeon Settings will never open for me, i've reinstalled drivers through the Cleanup Utility Tool 3 times and i updated my drivers aswell, it'll never launch, i click the icon, even open as administrator, but then it just does the loading animation on my cursor then do nothing.

GPU: AMD Radeon RX 5700XT (Gigabyte Windforce GAMING OC edition)
current version of drivers: 21.6.1 (issue also exists on 21.5.1)

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
tierwelder
Adept I

Re: AMD Radeon Software will not work

Jump to solution

after reinstalling the drivers a further 2 more times, the overlay now functions, this makes a good 5-7 driver reinstalls in total.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

View solution in original post

24 Replies
TheCrow2269
Adept I

Jump to solution

I'm having the same issues too.  Reinstalled the software as well.  Need this escalated.

Video Card:  6800XT (ASRock TAICHI)

Issue exists on 21.6.2

Seems like this issue occurred after the Windows update for the "PrintNightMare".

0 Likes
msm1365
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

What is your OS? Linux or Windows?

0 Likes
TheCrow2269
Adept I

Jump to solution

Windows 10 (Pro) 21H1

0 Likes
engineer_h4rr7
Adept I

Jump to solution

I just noticed that too. Cannot open.

0 Likes
tierwelder
Adept I

Jump to solution

Windows 10 Pro
Build 19043

0 Likes
TheCrow2269
Adept I

Jump to solution

Got a fix.  Download - https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html - install and follow the directions on how to use (must be in safemode to uninstall Radeon Software - hold the left shift and click restart for Windows10 to access the menu for entering safemode) Use recommend option for AMD video drivers.  After uninstall, restart and install Radeon 21.6.1 Software.  Restart after install.  I was able to fix my non-working Radeon this way.  Update to 21.6.2 at your own risk, as I haven't tested this yet.  I may wait till a new version is release before I update again.

0 Likes
tierwelder
Adept I

Jump to solution

I've already reinstalled the AMD drivers, i've done it 3 times now, same issue persists.

0 Likes
ScornfulWizard
Adept III

Jump to solution

As a suggestion - try any of the previous drivers (like 21.5.1 or even older). The newer drivers seem to screw up quite often for people.

OS: Windows 10 (20H2), Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43, CPU: AMD FX-8300 (4 GHz OC'ed), GPU: PowerColor RX 580 (1215MHz, 4096Mb, 7800MHz, 256 bit), RAM: 2xKingston KVR16N11 8Gb DDR3 1600MHz, PSU: [generic] 600W.
0 Likes
TheCrow2269
Adept I

Jump to solution

I'm not sure what Cleanup Utility you used, but I used DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) by "Guru3d".  This program uninstalls everything Radeon related.  All software, all drivers, everything made by Radeon AMD.  If you have used it and it didn't work for you, I am sorry.  But this is day 2 for me and it is still working.

0 Likes