cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

tierwelder
Adept I

AMD Radeon Software will not work

AMD Radeon Settings will never open for me, i've reinstalled drivers through the Cleanup Utility Tool 3 times and i updated my drivers aswell, it'll never launch, i click the icon, even open as administrator, but then it just does the loading animation on my cursor then do nothing.

GPU: AMD Radeon RX 5700XT (Gigabyte Windforce GAMING OC edition)
current version of drivers: 21.6.1 (issue also exists on 21.5.1)

1 Solution
tierwelder
Adept I

after reinstalling the drivers a further 2 more times, the overlay now functions, this makes a good 5-7 driver reinstalls in total.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

View solution in original post

24 Replies
TheCrow2269
Adept I

I'm having the same issues too.  Reinstalled the software as well.  Need this escalated.

Video Card:  6800XT (ASRock TAICHI)

Issue exists on 21.6.2

Seems like this issue occurred after the Windows update for the "PrintNightMare".

0 Likes
msm1365
Journeyman III

What is your OS? Linux or Windows?

0 Likes

Windows 10 (Pro) 21H1

0 Likes

Windows 10 Pro
Build 19043

0 Likes

I just noticed that too. Cannot open.

0 Likes
TheCrow2269
Adept I

Got a fix.  Download - https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html - install and follow the directions on how to use (must be in safemode to uninstall Radeon Software - hold the left shift and click restart for Windows10 to access the menu for entering safemode) Use recommend option for AMD video drivers.  After uninstall, restart and install Radeon 21.6.1 Software.  Restart after install.  I was able to fix my non-working Radeon this way.  Update to 21.6.2 at your own risk, as I haven't tested this yet.  I may wait till a new version is release before I update again.

0 Likes

I've already reinstalled the AMD drivers, i've done it 3 times now, same issue persists.

0 Likes

As a suggestion - try any of the previous drivers (like 21.5.1 or even older). The newer drivers seem to screw up quite often for people.

W10Pro (22H2)|Kingston A400 240G|ASRock B550 Phantom Gaming 4 (L2.71)|Ryzen 5 5600|ID-Cooling SE-225-XT Black V2|nVidia RTX 3070 FE 8Gb|XPG GAMMIX D10 [2x8GB] DDR4 3200MHz (XMP)|DeepCool PK700D
0 Likes

the issue exists on 21.5.1 aswell, pls read my post 

0 Likes

ScornfulWizard_0-1626034001271.png

W10Pro (22H2)|Kingston A400 240G|ASRock B550 Phantom Gaming 4 (L2.71)|Ryzen 5 5600|ID-Cooling SE-225-XT Black V2|nVidia RTX 3070 FE 8Gb|XPG GAMMIX D10 [2x8GB] DDR4 3200MHz (XMP)|DeepCool PK700D
0 Likes

I tried to roll back the driver but I was a little confused there website only shows the most recent driver which this issue has been presentitent through 3 or 4 updates it came back after a windows update but then disappeared after another update

0 Likes

It's somewhat hard to find with your eyes immediately just by looking at the page, but older drivers are still accessible through a tiny previous drivers link at the bottom.

ScornfulWizard_0-1626117323216.png

0 Likes

I totally looked over that.. I will check into it, bc w/o my OC I can't 1080p game with good frames and quality. I will check back in.. 

0 Likes

I'm not sure what Cleanup Utility you used, but I used DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) by "Guru3d".  This program uninstalls everything Radeon related.  All software, all drivers, everything made by Radeon AMD.  If you have used it and it didn't work for you, I am sorry.  But this is day 2 for me and it is still working.

0 Likes
dehart420
Adept I

I am running into the same issue, I have tried everything including removing the old drivers, it seems to be an issue with this update. I am running an old RX580, and now that I have uninstalled everything and reinstalled it all, my OC is missing so some of my more intese games are running even more like poo.

tierwelder
Adept I

after reinstalling the drivers a further 2 more times, the overlay now functions, this makes a good 5-7 driver reinstalls in total.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Hi,

I've got the same problem, after changing my cards 3 days ago I've had at first a Black Screen and had to use an old Win7 CD to reboot the PC in Sade Mode, then I was able to install the drivers, but no Radeon Software was installed even after using the AMD Cleanup Utility and also I noticed that during the install prompt I got no option for choosing Full, Minimal or Driver, only the AMD Bug Report Tool appears in my Programs.

Don't know what doing any more, I've already reinstalled 3 times the Adrenalin 21.5.2 (WHQL). I finally decided to pass the Software Overlay as the graphic drivers themself seems to be correctly installed (27.20.20903.8001).

All in all is my worst driver install experience in almost 20 years I install graphics cards driver by myself !

Any help is highly appreciated.

0 Likes
cotwild
Journeyman III

Same issue here, tried the latest 4 versions incl. the todays version. When I try to start the "AMD radeon software" (also with admin rights) the cursor is showing some activity animation for a few seconds, but nothing shows up.

System:

MSI Z370 SLI Plus / i7 8700K / ASUS AMD RX580
Win 10 Pro 10.0 Build 19043 / All windows updates installed

Even tried the AMD Clean utility a few times, with and without factory reset option. Even tried the 3d guru DDU driver uninstall tool without success.

I would like to install/enable crossfire, as I bought a second card (but the amd radeon software didn't show up with only one card installed).

Any further ideas beside full windows reinstallation?

Best regards
Dave

0 Likes

Had to hop back to 18.3.4 - Here the AMD settings do open.

21.3.1/21.4.1/21.5.1/21.5.2/21.6.1/21.6.2/21.7.1 all do not work for me, AMD radeon settings doesn't open.

0 Likes

21.3.1 was working before, I just tried to roll back and it did not work. I am going to have try DDU then try 21.3.1 again but I would really like updates plus software lol AMD leaving us in the blind kinda sucks

same here. it's so frustating. A big deception from AMD...we deserve an answer soon.

0 Likes

It would be good if someone from AMD could give us an answer, as I am sure they know about this issue.

Better to tell us "we have not a solution to propose right now" instead to let us feeling ignored.

dehart420
Adept I

I would like to provide a final solution, I have got the issue resolved- my gpu is a RX580, here are the steps I took

Go to device manager and unistall drivers

Then go get DDU and extract it to desktop (recomended)

then boot into safe mode

use DDU

then go get the most recent download for radeon software which at this moment 2020-21.7.1-minimalsetup

I choose factory reset, then I did optional

let it do its thing and reboot

then boom hopefully it works 

Thank you !

I will give it a try when I will have a some time and nothing better to do !

Actually the graphic drivers themself run smoothly and don't feel that much need for the Radeon Software Center.

0 Likes