cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

ZekroM
Journeyman III

Re: AMD Radeon Software not launching

"If anyone wants a quick fix without reinstalling the drivers, I found one! Go into your AppData/Local/AMD/CN and delete your gmdb.blb, then restart the program or relog/restart your PC to have your Radeon Settings launching again"

@agrastios Is this safe to delete? Im a noob in this and my adrenaline randomly stopped working and cant open it anymore. Should i use this tip or do AMD Cleanup?

Alucardetat
Journeyman III

I wasn't sure if it was a safe move myself. So I moved the file to the desktop and then restarted, Radeon Software started with Windows as it should and when I checked the directory that contained the file it still wasn't there. Once I launched/opened Radeon Software from the Taskbar, it took a minute to finally open, but the file was there again after it did. I think this is just a "user settings" file or something. I hope this helps someone else. If you aren't sure where the folder is search Google for "how to show hidden files and folders in X" where X is your version of Windows, then the directory will be C:\Users\X\AppData\Local\AMD\CN where X is your username, and then the file will be gmdb.blb, as previously stated.

caspersnip26
Journeyman III

Hi,got same problem when put a gtx970 in a fresh install win 10 for my son some month back.

The newer drivers available at that moment can't run the software.Rolled back to previous drivers i was used when i used the gpu in my pc,worked well.

But after an windows update,back to no software working,fixed the issue by taking the app on windows store.

Tested old drivers i used and work without the app.

So let's talk about amd now,rencently got a rx590 and have similar problem with radeon software.

It's launch,i see it in task manager but not show up on screen.(radeon sfotware automaticly run in admin mode)

Easy mode

When that work,run it twice

Medium mode

Kill 3 amd process and lauch it twice again (sometime that work with one launch)

0 Kudos
Ben_Midoriya
Journeyman III

Im having the same issue. I've never opened amd radeon software. Coz it nvr included with mah pc. Mine in AMD Ryzen 3700 i guess. I installed it today and it not opening! MY windows build is 2004! 

0 Kudos
Ben_Midoriya
Journeyman III

Helped a lot!!! It actually works !! thnx!!

0 Kudos
UltraViolet
Journeyman III

Hello, 

I am also having same problem today after yesterdays windows 10 garbage update of whatever it was can't remember. 

I have an ASUS Vega 56 software was running perfectly fine until windows 10 killed it.

I have reinstalled it 3 times no luck any one solved issue yet? 

0 Kudos
agrastios
Adept I

@ZekroMYou can just use my method. It is the game settings file that makes the Adrenaline program not launch, and deleting it fixes the problem. AMD Cleanup just deletes everything, which also includes the file.

0 Kudos
UltraViolet
Journeyman III

@kurisu wrote:

My AMD Radeon Settings/ Software application, wont launch. 
Even after i have uninstalled my driver, and reinstalled it. yes i have restarted my PC.
and yes i refreshed after uninstalling the driver. and then quickly reset before reinstalling the driver. 

Driver - AMD Radeon RX 570 Series 
i pretty much tried everything. i did like 5 methods off of youtube on how to fix this issue. and nothing seems to work. 

Hello, 

I found a fix actually after reinstalling it 3 times all you guys had to do before agreeing to install it you have to click FACTORY SETTING RESET and then proceed to accept installation and finally completely delete AMD files in local C drive I did that manually and with the help of a free software called IObit Uninstaller. Hope this solves everyone's issue. Now I am running 20.11.2 version and it launched no problem the software. 

0 Kudos
UltraViolet
Journeyman III

@agrastios wrote:

@ZekroMYou can just use my method. It is the game settings file that makes the Adrenaline program not launch, and deleting it fixes the problem. AMD Cleanup just deletes everything, which also includes the file.

And my method too it solved issue instantly

0 Kudos
SebastianConn
Journeyman III

i tried both ways and nothing. still not able to open the program

0 Kudos