Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Mergathal
Journeyman III

Re: AMD Radeon Software not launching

"

I had a quick look at the registry. For some reason, the last Windows 10 update has moved my video port from:

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4d36e968-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}\0000

to:

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4d36e968-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}\0001

which is enough to throw the Radeon software off balance. Since I don't see an official hotfix coming any time soon, I used the AMD Cleanup Utility (no need for DDU) to remove the Radeon driver and reinstall it from scratch. The GUI is now operational again with the latest Windows version. Of course you'll loose all your graphic settings, unless you made a previous backup."

This is actually what worked for me. After running the AMD Cleanup Utility and reinstalling the latest driver, I can again open the Radeon software.

0 Likes
PREngineer
Journeyman III

I am wondering if there has been an update to this issue?

I just realized that I had this problem and uninstalling with the Cleanup Utility and reinstalling didn't solve it for me.

0 Likes
Loka1995
Journeyman III

Is there anyway to fix that issue in the registry editor??? since uninstalling through ddu and reinstalling software hasn't worked for me. I've tried like 30-40 times, still cannot get the settings to open. I thought there would be a fix soon, it's frustrating.

0 Likes