0 Likes
packetloss
Adept I

Re: AMD Radeon Software not launching

0 Likes
Loka1995
Journeyman III

my graphics card is 530m and I have the same issue, and my AppData\Local\AMD\CN is empty, I tried various methods but nothing seem to work. 

0 Likes
HaHeTo
Journeyman III

Great finding bro 🙂 

0 Likes
byteme1945
Journeyman III

Made an account just to say thanks. Ive tried reinstalling the amd auto driver installer like 5 times and have the latest windows update and it wasnt working. I tried this and it worked without me needing to restart. Might be because I got a new ssd to why it stopped? Thanks anyway man. 

0 Likes
guyonearth
Journeyman III

"If anyone wants a quick fix without reinstalling the drivers, I found one! Go into your AppData/Local/AMD/CN and delete your gmdb.blb, then restart the program or relog/restart your PC to have your Radeon Settings launching again"

This method did not work for me.

guyonearth
Journeyman III

The only way I was able to get this working again was to use the AMD cleaning utility to remove all old files, then reinstall using an older WHQL driver package (I used 19.04 or something like that). The newest installer from the AMD website did not work, it said it could not determine this was an AMD system (????). I was able to get the latest drivers from within the older installer. I said there was an error, but the AMD software now works.

0 Likes
x7007
Adept II

It keeps happening even with the newest version.  Adrenalin 2020 Edition 21.1.1

0 Likes
x7007
Adept II

it also happens randomly, it just suddenly doesn't open and there is an error before in the event viewer

Faulting application name: Radeonsoftware.exe, version: 10.1.2.1829, time stamp: 0x600652d4
Faulting module name: Radeonsoftware.exe, version: 10.1.2.1829, time stamp: 0x600652d4
Exception code: 0xc0000409
Fault offset: 0x0000000000752ebc
Faulting process id: 0x2b44
Faulting application start time: 0x01d6f355bda08164
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\AMD\CNext\CNext\Radeonsoftware.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\AMD\CNext\CNext\Radeonsoftware.exe
Report Id: 796a505b-239d-4a0e-9872-eb205e762c3f
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

0 Likes
sebastianer
Journeyman III

I think this worked for me thanks: 

"If anyone wants a quick fix without reinstalling the drivers, I found one! Go into your AppData/Local/AMD/CN and delete your gmdb.blb, then restart the program or relog/restart your PC to have your Radeon Settings launching again"

( I Windows 10 I use a Standard account as the main account, So the Admin account is a different one. Similar to Linux approach where you use a non Admin account.

I think this could be one of the reasons I ended up with this issue ). 

0 Likes