cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

kurisu
Journeyman III

AMD Radeon Software not launching

My AMD Radeon Settings/ Software application, wont launch. 
Even after i have uninstalled my driver, and reinstalled it. yes i have restarted my PC.
and yes i refreshed after uninstalling the driver. and then quickly reset before reinstalling the driver. 

Driver - AMD Radeon RX 570 Series 
i pretty much tried everything. i did like 5 methods off of youtube on how to fix this issue. and nothing seems to work. 

0 Kudos
52 Replies
kaminari
Adept II

Re: AMD Radeon Software not launching

Not sure if this is related to the same problem, but since a recent update (this afternoon) of Win10 v2004 and Framework 3.5 / 4.8, Radeon software refuses to launch as well. The graphic driver works, but not the GUI.

I reinstalled my current version 20.9.2, it didn't make any difference.

[For info, my card is an MSI Vega 56.]

lhmocha
Journeyman III

My 5700xt also has this problem. I have also uninstalled it. And reinstalled version 20.9.1 and 20.9.2. And it's still not working.

tbrokenbones
Adept I

Same issue here, also using 5700xt. Worked fine all up until yesterday.

kurisu
Journeyman III

has anyone found a fix for this yet? sorry for the late reply. ive been trying to fix this error. and nothing i seem to do works at all. this win10 update really screwed me over. 

0 Kudos
tbrokenbones
Adept I

Unfortunately not, mine was technically not working prior to even doing the update but around the same time the updates recommended being installed. I did however send a support ticket to amd and awaiting a response there.

0 Kudos
mutantxdvd
Adept III

The way i install and uninstall drivers is like this:

Uninstall amd drivers from control panel

Restart in safe mode

Use the AMD Driver uninstall unity 

Restart computer which it says to do

Install drivers, never use factory settings.

Never have any problems.

Try that. 

kaminari
Adept II

As said previously, it doesn't make a difference and the problem lies in the latest Windows 10 updates.

tbrokenbones
Adept I

It's not a solution... but I rolled back my version of windows and was able to use it again for the time being until they implement a fix for the windows 10 2004 update.