cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

rayovibe
Adept I

AMD Radeon Software is making my CPU really hot when laptop is idle. Please help

Hi,

I have an HP Omen 15 laptop with AMD Ryzen 5800H and RTX 3060 GPU (32 GB RAM)

Sometimes, randomly, AMD Radeon Software will consume really high power with no significant CPU or GPU use, and when the computer is totally idle.

Here is a screenshot of the same: https://snipboard.io/koG6md.jpg

As you can see, the power consumption is really high and temperatures reach over 92 degrees even when the laptop is idle.

This is not a new problem. I have been facing this exact issue since the very first Windows installation on this laptop. After that, I have uninstalled and reinstalled not only Windows but also AMD Radeon Software and GPU drivers multiple times over and over again. I even used DDU from Guru3D for clean driver reinstallation.

Nothing has helped so far. This problem happens randomly many times, every day at least once.

It does not happen when I install AMD Adrenaline edition drivers. However, the HP driver of AMD Radeon is causing this problem.

Please help me with how to fix this?

Does anyone face this same problem on their laptop?

0 Likes
1 Reply

If it's only with using the HP supplied drivers, you will need to contact them. Laptop makers may modify the standard driver to suit their needs.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes