cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

KuyangGuard
Adept I

AMD Radeon Software Freezing

It all started when I downgraded my AMD driver into December 2019 version of AMD software from AMD Software April 2021. I only tested it to see if 2019 version is kind of smoother and less crashes than the 2021 versions and it turns out I'm right but some cases it delays the loading screen of VALORANT (when a round ends). So I'm not impressed by that so what I did is uninstall the drivers and reinstall the latest one but even before I install the 2021 version, my pc suddenly becomes unusable it's like whenever I boot it up it doesn't get into the login screen. I tried to uninstall both AMD and Intel for several times even though it doesn't exist in the pc anymore but when I install different versions of the software it still freezing at 99%, and if I restart my pc it will also freeze at the loading screen and can't use it, unless it's on safe mode. I also tried to reset my pc for couple of times without losing my files but it's still freezing, I can't use the option to delete everything because I don't have an external hard drive to backup my files. I'm completely down at this day knowing that I can't use any programs that requires kind of strong GPU like editing software and some games, I don't know if there's any fix for this but I hope some can help me. It's too hassle to go to a technician and I don't have any budget for fixing problem inside the components if there any.

iGPU: Intel HD Graphics 4000

dGPU: AMD Radeon HD 8730M

CPU: Intel Core i5-3230M

1 Solution
KuyangGuard
Adept I

Hi guys. I somehow found a fix and it worked for me. I'm glad this method saved my a$$ and I can now use my dGPU again.

First, press Win + R and type "regedit".

Second, copy this text without the quotes, paste it on the directory and press enter "Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Video\{2BCEAE03-BE89-11EC-89DD-A212F5058F17}\0000".

Third, find a text that says "EnableULPS", right click it, modify, and change the value to 0.

Last, press enter or ok and restart your computer.

This might work for some of you and I hope it will. Have a good day everyone and stay safe!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Your_local_doggo
Journeyman III

It happened to me as well. I tried many different things, searched youtube and browser for hours but literally nothing.... I hope they are aware of that

What sucks about about this is that HD 8730M is already an legacy driver, I'm literally waiting for new updates just a few months ago until I read the Important Notes. This is actually the first I'm experiencing this, like my pc won't let me use itself if AMD is installed. Actually, the first time I acquired this laptop has a freezing problem and it took me 5 months when I got tired being bored and fix my laptop. It worked, I successfully activated AMD but now, I feel like I can't use my pc in it's full potential without my dGPU. I emailed AMD Support for this and I hope if they'll provide a fix, it will work and it might help you as well. Have a good day!

0 Likes
KuyangGuard
Adept I

Hi guys. I somehow found a fix and it worked for me. I'm glad this method saved my a$$ and I can now use my dGPU again.

First, press Win + R and type "regedit".

Second, copy this text without the quotes, paste it on the directory and press enter "Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Video\{2BCEAE03-BE89-11EC-89DD-A212F5058F17}\0000".

Third, find a text that says "EnableULPS", right click it, modify, and change the value to 0.

Last, press enter or ok and restart your computer.

This might work for some of you and I hope it will. Have a good day everyone and stay safe!