• Display Devices
    • LG 24MK400H-B 24.0" 1920x1080 75 Hz Monitor Using HDMI

• Compaq S1922, DVI-D
  • Motherboard + Bios Revision
    • MSI-B450M-GamingPlus + 7B87v16
  • CPU/APU
    • Ryzen 2700
  • Power Supply Unit  Make, Model & Wattage
    • Corsair CP-9020179-NA RMX Series RM750x 80 Plus Gold Fully Modular ATX Power Supply

• RAM
    • 16gb

Describe your issue

I enter radeon wattman and play around with fan curve then it freezes. This has been an issue for probably about 6 months since driver version 18.xxxx I believe. The graphic card works fine when gaming and fan curve is responsive when I manage to change it step by step before the software freezes.

VIDEO ATTACHED

6 Replies
mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

You can make the necessary changes using OverdriveNTool. You can also ask AMD about this. There may be something that needs to be fixed. https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form

I will keep extra software as a last resort. There is also msi-afterburner that I heard of. But I just wanna use the software provided by amd. I did contact them thanks for the link!

0 Likes

OverdriveNTool software is very simple and just does its job. You can download it from Guru3D site. It also works seamlessly with Polaris GPUs.

0 Likes
hawkeye
Elite

Same problem since I bought the sapphire pulse 5700XT. Been having major issues with the drivers, like constant BSODs and the card was almost unusable for a few weeks But thankfully they fixed this issues... and I forgot to report about this one.

Good thing you reminded me about the freezing problem, and if you stay long enough in any menu it will eventually freeze. 

https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form 

If you ask about this issue to AMD, you might find out if there are somethings that need to be fixed.

0 Likes

Glad I am not the only one with this problem. OverdriveNTool did work well for me, so it is a good solution for now. Now finding a balanced fan-curve for this 4500rpm xfx card is driving me nuts haha.