Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

coolSun
Adept I

AMD Radeon Software Failed - Error 182 / Legion 5 PRO Laptop

Hi All,

Has anyone own Legion 5 Pro 16" with Radeon Software Installed Successfully.

I have just bought on 22/10/2021 but installed failed Error: 182.  Please help to advice what happened as I believe it is compatible to install AMD Software, isn't it ?

My laptop spec below:

AMD Ryzen 7 5800H with Radeon Graphics 3.20 GHz

System Type:64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Windows 10 Home / 20H2

RTX 3060 Nvidia 

The shop owner has checked with Lenovo replied saying that this laptop (Local model for all the legion 5 pro will be the same without the amd Radeon software)

I couldn't believe that as I was having  same spec in Legion 5 15" did come with Radeon Software.

If anyone has the same laptop version as mine please share if you could installed. Please HELP !!!

Much Appreciate.

0 Likes
10 Replies
stranden007
Adept I

Hello! 

I do not have the answer but I have the same problem as you. I own the Legion 5 Pro 16, same specs, but RTX 3070. 

I can't open the AMD Radeon software app; It says no amd grahpics driver installed, and when I try to update the lastest drivers I get the same Error 182 message.

I do however have Windows 11 Installed! And the problem seems to appear after it was installed for me.

I don't know what to do, hope this thread can get us an answer. 

All the best.

0 Likes

Hi @stranden007 

Thanks for reply!

I think our laptop spec is able to install since we have that AMD Radeon Graphics label and I did have the same spec in Legion 5 15" before it had Radeon Software. But this one I don't know why I have Error: 182 like yours.

Yours disappear after window 11 updates so meaning you managed to have AMD software before that ?

Or totally like me can't even install ? got error 182 ?

I need the AMD software to configure games !!!

0 Likes

Hello! 

I had the program installed and working before the Windows 11 installation I did last night.

Now that I have windows 11, it dosn't work anymore. Can't open the software and get error 182 and no graphics driver working/found.

I will try to uninstall the program and install it again but don't think that will work! But worth a try.

0 Likes

Hi @stranden007 

I see. Good thing is you had successful install in Window 10. What program you going to uninstall to try now?

Mine I just bought running Windows 10 now totally cannot install Error 182. Strange, but now at least I have proven that AMD Software should be able to install. It is not what the shop said (The shop owner has checked with Lenovo replied saying that this laptop (Local model for all the legion 5 pro will be the same without the amd Radeon software).... !!! How is that possible ? LOL

0 Likes

Hello! I uninstalled the Radeon Software and then tryed to reinstall it (since i couldn't open the app anyways), and now I get the same message again, Error 182. 

Maybe there will be a update because something is clearly wrong. 

Our computers should be able to run the program but it's not letting us, both in Windows 10 and 11, so hopefully they will provide a fix or solution for this.

Sorry I couldn't help more. 

0 Likes

Hi @stranden007 

I'm now don't know where to look for a solution. =="

May I know what's your MTM - Machine Type Model - ?

- look at the sticker under your laptop case for MTM - Machine Type Model -

[ to find exact your laptop model ]

Mine MTM - Machine Type Model: 82JQ00ADSB

Are we the same ?

0 Likes

Hello again! We don't have the same MTM, I submited a ticket to the support and posted our thread to the customer service as well. If I find out something more or find a solution I will let you know! But for now we have to wait. Hope this issue will resolve itself! All the best - Stranden

0 Likes

@stranden007 Hello, I think I found what is happening.. I have finally get to see AMD Radeon Software in my laptop. I got replied from other channel user replied below,

[When your MUX switch is on (in which when your display is connected to Nvidia Graphics), the AMD software is hidden and can't open it. Vice versa. L5P doesn't allow both Nvidia and AMD software opened at the same time. Don't know why. So, if you insist to make changes on AMD Radeon Software, turn off MUX switch, tune it, and turn it back on.]

It's in our Lenovo Vantage > Hybrid Mode (ON/OFF) it is MUX switch. When it's ON>restart>AMD Radeon Software showed up, it is gone and unable to install when it's OFF. I've tried it really works this way, it just can't have both when Hybrid Mode OFF !

Please try....guess you're in OFF Mode when you upgrade to Win11.

Just so you know I also have raised ticket to AMD as well but it doesn't help. done some suggested troubleshoot and end up refer me to Error 182 page and [If the issue still persist then I would request you to please reach out to your laptop manufacture once for further assistance.]. However, all these it turn out it is because of this >Lenovo Vantage > Hybrid Mode (ON/OFF) it is MUX switch.< causing the issue.

Hello again! 

It solved the problem! I had turned it off for better perfomance (don't care about battery life) and now when I turn the switch on the AMD software app works. 

I got an answer from support but they said nothing about the MUX switch and suggest a hard uninstall. 

I ended up rerolling to Windows 10 and doing a factory reset of the computer but when I did the settings was prior as I left them so the app didn't work. 

Now I know what caused the problem and all should be good. Thank you for replying and providing the solution! I had given upp on using the App but now we can use it again!

Thanks again, all the best,

Stranden007 

@stranden007  

Yeah, we have proven it can installed AMD Radeon Software. Now we know it is ONLY because of the MUX switch (Hybrid Mode) causing the problem.

I also give up using the software as when I Hybrid ON (c/w AMD software), I noticed recorded video issued the colour is exposed and some grid line is missing. I was using XboxGameBar record youtube.

When it's OFF. It's working fine, recorded video is exactly 100% same as what it is.

Not sure what going wrong in AMD software (integrated graphic card AMD) during recording time. I have tried many setting ended up I give up already....

I'm using Hybrid OFF now.
Thanks a lot helping and reply to this, I really appreciate ! Thank you so much...Many thanks !!!

All the best too

0 Likes