cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

RobyGon
Adept I

AMD Radeon Software doesn't open with most recent drivers

Hi, i need some help with a problem that i just can't seem to get around. After upgrading my amd drivers to 21.10.2, Radeon Software stopped opening. It doesn't appear on the system tray and if I try to run it manually, it seems like it's trying to load but ultimately it doesn't boot. The driver itself works fine, i can play games and whatever, but i'm unable to access any feature within the software which sucks.

What i found out is that, if i try to unistall drivers and install an old version ( i tried 20.11.2), the software works normally. If i update to 21.10.2 (and beyond, not even this month release changes anything), the program stops working.

What i tried so far:

1) Unistalling and reinstalling current drivers, using either DDU or AMD cleanup utility.

2) Updating Windows with all the latest updates.

3) Tried editing the registry key

4) Tried deleting the CN folder and reboot. Something that i noticed is that, if i do i clean install of the latest drivers, the CN folder in AppData is empty. If i upgrade drivers from 20.11.2 to 21.10.2, the content of the folder stays there. I don't know if it is supposed to do that.

My System:

Motherboard: MSI h97 Gaming 3 

CPU: Intel i5 4590

GPU; Sapphire rx 480 Nitro 4GB

8 GB DDR3 Ram

I really want to fix this issue without being forced to use a more than 1 year old driver.

12 Replies