Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Re: AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.4.1

DOOM-Original-Box-Artamdrep2.jpg

colesdav
MVP

I would prefer to go to the Driver Release Announcement page and be able to see comments from other users regarding what specific problems and improvements people see with that particular driver after they have installed and tested it. It is easier for me to have one place to go and get some idea of potential problems / benefits of upgrading to a release. I do think it is useful and important to see positive feedback as well, in the case where a new feature or fix to a previous problem works, or gives impressive results. I would have thought that AMD & Users would find such feedback pretty useful, provided testing and feedback is done correctly.

I do agree that issues with particular cards or games should have a separate thread if the issue goes on too much. Perhaps a moderator could jump in and say so if a User gets too engrossed in reporting their issue / problems. I have possibly been guilty of doing that, on reflection.

I had been thinking that the AMD Technical Support staff and other Users of the Forum must find this AMD Community Forum pretty hard to take at times though. I work in software myself. I deal with Customer Support. I do understand that people expect things to work and generally only report on problems. This can give support staff and others who read the forum a pretty skewed view on the situation. However, if some of my Customers behaved in ways I have seen on this AMD Community Forum in the past few months, I think I would be getting pretty unhappy and possibly ill by now. Now I wait to be flamed after saying that.

It is understandable to be angry and upset if something does not work. It is especially understandable that people will get angry if their card has just broken down or they cannot  play a particular game at max graphics settings for some reason. It is important that AMD hears these complaints.

I have been pretty amazed though at the rudeness, aggression and in some cases pretty outrageous and immature comments in some forum posts and responses.

I am guessing that people think they are immune and totally anonymous on the WEB, so they can vent their anger with no consequences. Well guess what? wrong. I can only assume that some folk have endless pits of money, nerves of steel, and very good lawyers.

Perhaps I have got the 'Culture' aspect of this completely wrong. But, I think that instead of locking this thread, AMD should be encouraging Users to test out new Crimson releases on their systems. They should be happy and encouraged that their Users are enthusiastic enough to care about testing and giving feedback. I feel AMD should also be giving some official feedback on certain issues directly to Users on this forum.  I think AMD  need to take a serious look at enforcing Forum Rules a bit tougher though, and trying to encourage a more positive atmosphere.  

Should I post this? Probably not, but here goes anyway.

amborgeson
Journeyman III

So, I now now longer have CCC, but Crimson isn't installed because I have a legacy card... so why'd your software update remove CCC?! Now I have absolutely no way of interacting with any settings at all. Sure, I'll be updating my card in 3-4 months anyway, but in the mean time, I want to be able to adjust settings for my games *right now*. I didn't notice after the last automatic update, but I didn't need to double check my settings until tonight, and I'm rather upset that the only option for me to get into the settings has been removed.

0 Likes
rkok
Adept II

I work in software dev too. My end users expect nothing but the best from us but things do go wrong in practise. However we make sure that bug reports and resolution status are promotly communicated back to stakeholders. Shying away from customers is simply not acceptable.

0 Likes
rkok
Adept II

Ive got steam vr too. Its configured to connect to  the gpu card via direct mode. I didnt have any flickers or stutter steam. System report shows its running on liquid vr api. This is with crimson 16.4.1.

The only time i saw flicker which is when i first ran steam vr is in the hmd (desktop is still fine). I fixed this by having crimson rescan games and added steam vr as a game. In the application profile disable frame rate target control or set it to 90. Once i did this flickers in hmd went away.

I should also mentiom in my case i have to resort to steam vr beta (released 22 April 2016) to resolve bluetooth pairing and bluetooth standby issues.

Hope this helps you

0 Likes
mr_rez
Journeyman III

Still no profile for The Division......

0 Likes
paagrillcz
Journeyman III

Thank you for responding. The flickering was caused after the installment of the 16.4.1. The biggest problem appeared right after the restart. Those vertical lines looked the same like when I had GPU memory crash due to the unstable memory clocks. It crashed every time when I opened some aplication, so only the safe mode did the trick. 13015337_1204855226221349_4844628812958312628_n.jpg

0 Likes
iainob1
Adept III

Turning Morphological filtering off sorted the blurred issue out for me too now thanks for the reply

0 Likes
gotenksssj22002
Adept I

love the fact I can't disable auto updates I do not want anything crimson on my system it breaks things I am sticking with this version AMD-Catalyst-15.7.1-Win10-64bit as it actuly works unlike crimson

0 Likes
deathstroke
Journeyman III

I've got a problem every definition update AMD HD 7750 graphic card

The problem is that the Games become the Lag, such as while playing FIFA 14 and assasins Creed

But The version definition that came with the card, the lag does not happen during play

This problem has always happened to me in every new update for AMD
I use windows 10 PRO 64BIT
Ram 4GB
Processor‬‏ I3-3320  3.30GHz

0 Likes